Week 6 GDT: New Era of Cowboys Football! The return of the Red Rifle vs “The Future”

textaz03

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Doesn't have the time man. He's getting killed.

He has missed several throws that were there and just didn’t pull the trigger on tonight. He is completely gun-shy. Way more than he should be after a couple series behind a suspect O-Line.

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

God. To think I was hopeful Dalton could sign a decent deal elsewhere next year for a decent comp pick. I was very wrong.

There is always the hope that Dalton can improve back to the average and not be horrendous the rest of the year. Even for Dalton, this is horrific. 

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Doesn't have the time man. He's getting killed.

The line sucks. But even when Dalton has time, he has not read the field, thrown with accuracy or anticipation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Oh. Well then since JG is gone, the "system" (McCarthy/Moore) has been here for only 5 games. Even more reason Dalton sucks donkey nuts. 

There you go again assuming and making, well you know the saying. McCarthy said the same thing as JG. He didn't change the offense. He kept it the same. Why would he change it? He kept the offensive coordinator. Use common sense dude

Just now, BigD88 said:

He has missed several throws that were there and just didn’t pull the trigger on tonight. He is completely gun-shy. Way more than he should be after a couple series behind a suspect O-Line.

Well, he's gun shy, again, because he's getting killed.

However, I admit, he isn't that good. At least for tonight he's not.

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

There you go again assuming and making, well you know the saying. McCarthy said the same thing as JG. He didn't change the offense. He kept it the same. Why would he change it? He kept the offensive coordinator. Use common sense dude

So by your logic we are still running Linehans system. Which is utterly stupid to think that is possible. 

While I agree the OL was a huge problem, there was plenty of chances for Dalton to make throws just wasn't reading the field very well this game. Still a couple of things...

2 fumbles changed the tone.. 1st one 0-0 we had the ball at mid field...  second followed next series.. now down 14-0     to quickly 21-0 when the D made a typical mental error.

1 st interception of the game came on a real terrible bad call by the ref.. so instead of getting the game close say 21-10 we were down 28-3 and game over.....

Again the turn overs were more the problem rather then the D...      and yes Dalton is not good enough to change the game when the other team is keying on  your QB...

OH... by the way.. just for the record and all      CARDS HAD 1 SACK.....    

10 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Look at the impact a blue chip safety can have on a defense smh

Yeah he made some plays...    and I don't know how much it was his "great" play on the first fumble as much as Zeke being real soft with the football.   

I am just saying putting him on this team would have had little to no effect to what happened tonight. Yes he would help our D a lot.. but he would not make us a top 10 or 5 defense by himself...  

Edited by quiller