2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

I don’t know if it’s the lack of a combine or what but the wait for the draft has felt extremely long this year. Feels like we’ve gone through at least three different phases of the draft process, yet it’s still a little under two weeks away.

40 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I don’t know if it’s the lack of a combine or what but the wait for the draft has felt extremely long this year. Feels like we’ve gone through at least three different phases of the draft process, yet it’s still a little under two weeks away.

I think they did push it back?

I would have been this week? or maybe next?

But yeah, I think they shouldn't have it at the end of April. Mid-April is fine. Everything is done. Grades are done. Pro-Days are done.

Nothing left now but to second guess and drop rumors about players. 

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Ever since I saw Ossai get destroooooooooooyed by Jenkins from Oklahoma State, I pass.

Tutu is super small. 
Don't really care fro Baromore much. Don't hate him, but not gonna go crazy for him.

please don't let that one play change your opinion on Ossai? did you watch the tape from that game? he consistently beat Jenkins on numerous run plays... he had 3 sacks that game, against both tackles including the game ending, walk off sack... don't just look at ONE play..

6 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

please don't let that one play change your opinion on Ossai? did you watch the tape from that game? he consistently beat Jenkins on numerous run plays... he had 3 sacks that game, against both tackles including the game ending, walk off sack... don't just look at ONE play..

Well it was more than one play. He was getting stone walled and washed a few times. 

• Like 1

This is normally the week we get the NFL Schedule release but again we will have to wait until May

10 more days until the draft and I’m itchy for Titans news

Cant wait for the draft, my question is if the Titans decided to track back in the draft what is typically the type of picks they would receive?

Would they get a 1st next year?

Would they just get picks this year?

Does anyone have a list from previous years what teams who have traded back from any where near 22 have gotten in those trades?

I know JRob isn’t afraid to trade back

How many of you are actually hoping the Titans trade back? 

How far are you willing to trade back?

I hope the Titans trade back. Big needs, outside of OT and TE, maybe, are No. 3 guys.

We need a Number 3 Edge, DL, WR, S, and CB. That’s more than we’ll get with the picks we have. But I don’t know who wants to move up, or from where, or for who. But it would be nice to trade back enough to get an additional pick in the first 100.

Trading back should be priority #1 unless someone like Horn, Surtain, Smith, Pitts, Waddle, etc. magically fall. Otherwise considering how many needs we have, our goal should be to obtain as many picks as possible. I don’t want to trade down no further than pick 36 though. Pick up a high 2nd and probably a 3rd for the 22nd pick. Should be plenty of good players at the top of the 2nd still available. Elijah Moore, Marshall, Toney, Rondale Moore, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Dyami Brown, etc. just to name some of the receivers. Possibly Rousseau, Phillips(if teams are terrified of the medicals, Ossai, Oweh, Turner, Tryon, Perkins, Nixon, Onwuzurike, etc. along the DL. Samuel, Campbell, Robinson, Newsome, etc. among the CBs. Problem with trading out of the 1st completely is teams lose that 5th year option so it’s kind of tricky.

45 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Trading back should be priority #1 unless someone like Horn, Surtain, Smith, Pitts, Waddle, etc. magically fall. Otherwise considering how many needs we have, our goal should be to obtain as many picks as possible. I don’t want to trade down no further than pick 36 though. Pick up a high 2nd and probably a 3rd for the 22nd pick. Should be plenty of good players at the top of the 2nd still available. Elijah Moore, Marshall, Toney, Rondale Moore, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Dyami Brown, etc. just to name some of the receivers. Possibly Rousseau, Phillips(if teams are terrified of the medicals, Ossai, Oweh, Turner, Tryon, Perkins, Nixon, Onwuzurike, etc. along the DL. Samuel, Campbell, Robinson, Newsome, etc. among the CBs. Problem with trading out of the 1st completely is teams lose that 5th year option so it’s kind of tricky.

Trading down shouldn’t be priority #1 priority #1 should be getting the player that is high on your draft board even if you have to trade up in my opinion. You can trade down & acquire as many picks you want, but I rather have quality over quantity. My opinion you should always draft best player available or according to your board vs drafting needs. Simply because drafting for needs cause for you to reach if you draft best player you’ll down the line have an asset on your roster 

10 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Trading down shouldn’t be priority #1 priority #1 should be getting the player that is high on your draft board even if you have to trade up in my opinion. You can trade down & acquire as many picks you want, but I rather have quality over quantity. My opinion you should always draft best player available or according to your board vs drafting needs. Simply because drafting for needs cause for you to reach if you draft best player you’ll down the line have an asset on your roster 

Clearly if there’s a player they really like, then take him.... Otherwise, there isn’t a huge difference in getting someone at 22 over someone at 33. Trading up would be one of the dumbest things they could do.

44 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Clearly if there’s a player they really like, then take him.... Otherwise, there isn’t a huge difference in getting someone at 22 over someone at 33. Trading up would be one of the dumbest things they could do.

Not necessarily if it’s someone you want & you view him as a difference maker a can’t miss prospect you go get him. Acquiring picks isn’t no guarantee on talent making an impact on a 53 man roster, tell me when was the last 1st rd pick we drafted that got a 2nd contract, did we not skip over guys like Godwin Michael Thomas for guys like Kevin Dodd & Austin johnson. You can trade up & grab someone you view as a can’t miss prospect & guess what you later can trade the talent if he pans out, Jalen Ramsey, Jamal adams.. but I understand your logic my guy

51 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not necessarily if it’s someone you want & you view him as a difference maker a can’t miss prospect you go get him. Acquiring picks isn’t no guarantee on talent making an impact on a 53 man roster, tell me when was the last 1st rd pick we drafted that got a 2nd contract, did we not skip over guys like Godwin Michael Thomas for guys like Kevin Dodd & Austin johnson. You can trade up & grab someone you view as a can’t miss prospect & guess what you later can trade the talent if he pans out, Jalen Ramsey, Jamal adams.. but I understand your logic my guy

We don’t have the luxury of trading up unless you’re talking about future picks. This team has so many needs right now, they can’t just magically give away picks to move up for the so called “can’t miss” prospect. The idea is Robinson makes the right pick and not pick trash like Wilson, Dodd, or Johnson. Clearly not every pick is going to be a home run and 10+ year starter. The current roster has needs all over the place. Trading away current picks just to trade up makes zero sense. How are they filling all those holes especially when Robinson hasn’t shown the willingness to restructure contracts to sign more free agents? They don’t have the cap right now to fill those holes in FA. They still need at least 2 WRs, CB, ILB depth, K, EDGE, interior OL and DL depth, and a RT. Not filling all those holes trading away mid round picks just to move up for some so called “can’t miss” prospect who also could not work out. Every player they pick may not work out(look at last years disaster).

Edited by ttitansfan4life

57 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yeah, trading up would be a bad idea. Needs are called needs, not wants, for a reason.

No such thing as a can’t miss prospect and we have way too many positions thar are super thin. Not trading down is doable, of course, but what the team needs isn’t matching up with what should be there at 22 if draft boards are right.

If we don’t trade down, we get a difference maker, sure, but we also go into the season, pre-injury, with multiple weaknesses on the roster.

So, we need WR help but you would be against trading up for a Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle, we need CB help but you would be against trading up for Jaycee Horn or Patrick Surtain, we need a RT but you would be against trading up for a Slater, Jenkins or Vera-Tucker, and we need EDGE help but you would oppose trading up for, say, a Jaelan Phillips?

That makes absolutely no sense, to me. Around 5 QB prospects are expected to go somewhere in the top 10-15 range, which makes it a special opportunity for some of the better prospects to fall some more they would in a typical class, but yet you would be against the idea of trading up to secure one of those prospects because we could somehow reasonably expect to fill all those needs at once with day 2 and 3 prospects?

I'm not even that big of a fan of trading up, but to see the same people citing all these 'big' needs say they would rather settle for 2nd or 3rd round picks to fill those needs is indeed pretty crazy to me.