2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Bateman, Elijah Moore and Newsome on  the board at 22. What you do?

Ideally I'd like trade down a few spots and take whoever is left in that spot, but I think I'd go Elijah Moore just because he gives our offense something that we haven't had. Bateman is similar to Corey Davis no coincidence he's had the same college coach as Corey. While I'd be fine just plugging in Bateman in that Corey Davis spot and continuing to roll, I think one of these speedy slot guys like an Elijah Moore, a Kadarius Toney, a Demetric Felton, or an Amari Rodgers could give our offense a new element that we've been lacking. A speedy slot receiver with great route running skills, and hands could take our offense to the next level. Having a big time consistent deep ball threat out there would open up the offense even more for everyone.

38 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Ideally I'd like trade down a few spots and take whoever is left in that spot, but I think I'd go Elijah Moore just because he gives our offense something that we haven't had. Bateman is similar to Corey Davis no coincidence he's had the same college coach as Corey. While I'd be fine just plugging in Bateman in that Corey Davis spot and continuing to roll, I think one of these speedy slot guys like an Elijah Moore, a Kadarius Toney, a Demetric Felton, or an Amari Rodgers could give our offense a new element that we've been lacking. A speedy slot receiver with great route running skills, and hands could take our offense to the next level. Having a big time consistent deep ball threat out there would open up the offense even more for everyone.

Ya nothing against Davis, I love everything he brought to us 

But I really want Moore because of that speed element you are talking about 

There were plenty of times Davis would catch a route over the middle and he just wasn’t fast enough to cut up field or get past the DB

I have visions of Moore catching similar routes and just running right past the CB and getting up field for more big plays because of his speed 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Bateman, Elijah Moore and Newsome on  the board at 22. What you do?

Easy Newsome. CB is a harder position to find later in the draft. CB depth is really poor in this draft. I worry about how comfortable he is in man coverage but I think it will be ok. Bateman is a great player and does exactly what we ask our WR to do last year but how important is a #2 WR in a run heavy offense? I love Moore...in the second round. He's small and not an out of this world athlete (hes a great one tho). He will be a great player but just not a first round grade. 

In my final mock, have you guys trading down to #30, picking up a 2021 4th, 2022 3rd, 2022 7th, and selecting WR Elijah Moore. Feel he fits your offense like a glove. Also have you taking DT Levi in the 2nd, CB St-Juste in the 3rd, and TE Tommy Tremble in the 3rd. 

I think Moore is a little rich at 22, but he's solid value at 30. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In my final mock, have you guys trading down to #30, picking up a 2021 4th, 2022 3rd, 2022 7th, and selecting WR Elijah Moore. Feel he fits your offense like a glove. Also have you taking DT Levi in the 2nd, CB St-Juste in the 3rd, and TE Tommy Tremble in the 3rd. 

I’d be more than happy with this. Still would need edge, OT, K, and another receiver but getting those 4 to start would be an excellent haul to start out.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

i'd be very, very happy with this.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good trade. I like Moore + pics. Not sure about spending a 1st round pick on a slot WR with a ton of team needs but I can live with it. Some people love Levi some dont. Im happy with it.  Im not 100% sold on St-Juste in a man heavy scheme but in the 3rd its worth a gamble. I love Tremble. Hes a project that I think is worth the investment. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Like some others, I think a WR in the first is a bit expensive, but that makes some sense.  Still need to address Edge and OL, but that could be done in the fourth.

I do think trading down greatly benefits the team.

Tremble in the third is a little rich for my blood, but that's just my rankings.  Solid mock, especially for a non-Titans fan.

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Would love this. Huge fan of trading down and still landing Elijah Moore. Also a huge fan of Tommy Tremble. 

I really think we're going to come away from this draft with a nickel back. If it's not Elijah Molden, Jevon Holland from Oregon could be a nice alternative. He's listed as a safety, but he covered the slot a lot during his time at Oregon, and he played really well there. If anything, the versatility to move him to safety at times could be appealing for us, but I think he'd be a great addition as our starting nickel. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I really think we're going to come away from this draft with a nickel back. If it's not Elijah Molden, Jevon Holland from Oregon could be a nice alternative. He's listed as a safety, but he covered the slot a lot during his time at Oregon, and he played really well there. If anything, the versatility to move him to safety at times could be appealing for us, but I think he'd be a great addition as our starting nickel. 

I've been thinking that a safety/slot hybrid would be a likely pick.  They've done it before with Cruikshank, Hooker, and Chris Jackson last year, so it seems to be a type that JRob likes.

Aaron Robinson out of UCF would be another good option for a slot type if the pick at DB isn't in the first round.

• Like 1

I like Aaron Robinson out of UCF a lot too. I really think the value for us to find a solid nickel in this draft is through the safety position. Outside of Molden, I'm not seeing a ton of true nickels in the CB group, and I'm all for versatile DBs that we can move around the secondary.

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I like Aaron Robinson out of UCF a lot too. I really think the value for us to find a solid nickel in this draft is through the safety position. Outside of Molden, I'm not seeing a ton of true nickels in the CB group, and I'm all for versatile DBs that we can move around the secondary.

Molden is my favorite.