Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Outside of Flacco (won by Balt. D)

Sorry, that's kind of egregious. Flacco was amazing that playoff run. It was legitimately an all time great run.

People can hate on flacco for what he ultimately was, but he was great during that run and he deserves full credit for that

8 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Trask is Mason Rudolph.

I'm not going to go that far. I had a udfa grade on rudolph lol. 

But honestly, if the niners don't draft a QB in the first, I just want them to punt it altogether unless it's a random 7th round guy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

FWIW, I heard that Wells ran the wrong route on the INT TD. But that doesn't change the fact that Trask does have an underwhelming arm.

Yeah, it's funny what a QB looks like when their top WRs aren't playing, it's almost like reps and rhythm matter or something, I dunno. *cough Graham Mertz cough*

• Like 2

Trash had a chance to go in the Late 1st, that isn’t happening anymore. Maybe Saints jump on him the end of R2.

^ My iPad (which I rarely use on this forum) auto corrected Trask to trash. I’m just gonna keep it, because it’s a mistake that wasn’t intended and absolutely hilarious. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Trash had a chance to go in the Late 1st, that isn’t happening anymore. Maybe Saints jump on him the end of R2.

^ My iPad (which I rarely use on this forum) auto corrected Trask to trash. I’m just gonna keep it, because it’s a mistake that wasn’t intended and absolutely hilarious. 

This one game isn't going to change things greatly. He'll be at the Senior Bowl. That'll matter more. Losing your top 4 receiving targets and only having like 3 days of practice would be a problem for a lot of guys.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

This one game isn't going to change things greatly. He'll be at the Senior Bowl. That'll matter more. Losing your top 4 receiving targets and only having like 3 days of practice would be a problem for a lot of guys.

I mean it already wasn’t a sure thing he was going in the 1st. Probably somewhere in the 2nd. But I don’t think he’ll be a 3rd Rounder come draft day, he’s just too good at playing the position imo. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean it already wasn’t a sure thing he was going in the 1st. Probably somewhere in the 2nd. But I don’t think he’ll be a 3rd Rounder come draft day, he’s just too good at playing the position imo. 

It wasn't likely he was going in the first. Only way I saw that happening is if a team wanted a 5th year option.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Not even remotely. But he is clearly a Day 2 pick.

C'mon... "not even remotely" ? Skill set, size and production are near identical. Rudolph's offense was simpler but both were/are mostly one read guys. Rudolph was getting 1st round discussion talk as well. 

There's a few similar rated guys with much better upside so even day 3 wouldn't really surprise me.