Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Well, before we get squirrelly here, what's your definition of a franchise QB? That'll tell me whether we need to go back and forth or not. 

A guy you'll stick with long term. I don't define it as top 10 or whatever. I'd say Andy Dalton was basically the borderline.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

A guy you'll stick with long term. I don't define it as top 10 or whatever. I'd say Andy Dalton was basically the borderline.

You say stick with long term and then use Andy Dalton as an example doesn't compute.  Just because the Bengals are incompetent shouldn't be your barometer for a QB.  Do you believe Andy Dalton can win you a championship as a starting QB?  Yes or no.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You say stick with long term and then use Andy Dalton as an example doesn't compute.  Just because the Bengals are incompetent shouldn't be your barometer for a QB.  Do you believe Andy Dalton can win you a championship as a starting QB?  Yes or no.

During his prime, sure. We've seen far worse win a Super Bowl. Dalton started 9 years for Cincy. He won more games than he lost. He is the borderline for me. 

50 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Just because there’s been worse doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be better

Just because your famous doesn't mean you're not allowed an opinion. I'm sure 90% of the dads of NFL and College QBs complain about OL and WR's every game lol. Just can't do it on Social Media, because the Media will blow it up and make it something, and fans are so sensitive these days (not you of course, talking generally).

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just because your famous doesn't mean you're not allowed an opinion. I'm sure 90% of the dads of NFL and College QBs complain about OL and WR's every game lol. Just can't do it on Social Media, because the Media will blow it up and make it something, and fans are so sensitive these days (not you of course, talking generally).

This is all I was referring to. So we agree then. Like @jrry32 said his father is not wrong in his statements. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I have been ignored long enough. Speak to me on this

I do not think that he does, but i tend to think that most redshirt sophs stay away unless there a lot of chatter about them going out.

I have done very, very limited work on him...I'll be honest. I watched like two games...I wasn't blown away or anything, but I really need to dig more into him. I basically just did a cursory glance of like two game cut ups. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 12:26 PM, BayRaider said:

This is a massive over reaction. Dolphins have a Bottom 5 WR corps, and Tua is a rookie. Tua has had two really bad games, but any Dolphin fan will tell you he’s been overall better than Fitzpatrick. Fitz being good this year is the biggest misconception in the world. Fitzpatrick looks good in relief because teams prepared for Tua. 

Dolphins won early in the season because of mostly defense, and also their run game. 

Dolphins likely select a WR with their first pick.

Is there a Calvin Johnson in this draft? Because otherwise picking a WR would be horrible at 3.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Is there a Calvin Johnson in this draft? Because otherwise picking a WR would be horrible at 3.

Already covered this. Had no idea Miami had the 3rd pick. Tua’s gonna get some massive gifts in this draft. Sewell at 3 and a WR at 23.

Unless Jets take Sewell at 2 (I think Jets end up go QB), then I think Miami would go Parsons at 3 and WR at 23. 

• Like 1