Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Having his way with this Georgia secondary.

Yeah he's making himself some money today if he declares for the draft. Hasn't had many games to showcase his talent against top level competition and is looking good so far. Some nice tight window throws, good zip on his passes, good decision making, and has been impressive improving on plays. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Where are we thinking Ridder tops out at this year if he declares? A 2nd rounder?

I like what I see.

I think he can be late 1st. Has all the physical tools you want in a QB. Plus that 5th year option will likely help him stay in the 1st despite it being a pretty deep QB class. Think there's quite a few teams that could be looking for a QB this year as well.

Jags, Jets, Falcons, Lions, Panthers, Vikings, Patriots, 49ers, Chicago, Washington, and New Orleans off the top of my head could be in the mix for a QB.

31 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah he's making himself some money today if he declares for the draft. Hasn't had many games to showcase his talent against top level competition and is looking good so far. Some nice tight window throws, good zip on his passes, good decision making, and has been impressive improving on plays. 

He's a redshift junior, I would bet good money on him declaring if he keeps this up. Arm talent is surprising. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Forge said:

So I kind of like what I'm seeing from a little bit of the Tanner Morgan I have watched in terms of mid round project types.

No.

Tanner Morgan is a UDFA prospect. Nothing redeeming about his game. If he's your back-up, you might as well tank.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No.

Tanner Morgan is a UDFA prospect. Nothing redeeming about his game. If he's your back-up, you might as well tank.

I watched the auburn game from last year after that and it was less than ideal. His accuracy was much worse and he's a hot mess against pressure missing defenders underneath. I didn't mind his game against wisconsin though given circumstances, going to watch more from this year. Those are the only two I watched so far

Just now, Forge said:

I watched the auburn game from last year after that and it was less than ideal. His accuracy was much worse and he's a hot mess against pressure missing defenders underneath. I didn't mind his game against wisconsin though given circumstances, going to watch more from this year. 

Kid is a mess mechanically and his processing is slow. He couldn't have had a worse senior year. He honestly should take advantage of that free year and return next season.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This 2nd half is exposing why Ridder needs to return to school. Tools are there but the processing isn't.

His OL has been getting absolutely destroyed this 2nd half. The LT that came in after the starter got ejected has been terrible. 

Just now, tyler735 said:

His OL has been getting absolutely destroyed this 2nd half. The LT that came in after the starter got ejected has been terrible. 

And he's rattled. When he has time, he's missing guys. He's also predetermining where to go almost every time this half.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And he's rattled. When he has time, he's missing guys. He's also predetermining where to go almost every time this half.

Yeah because his OL is getting destroyed. He can't sit back and get through reads. If he doesn’t predetermine where the ball is going right now he's taking a sack because he has no time. When he had time in the 1st half he looked great.