Ravens trade for Yannick Ngakoue

SalvadorsDeli

Or the last option might be that the team has won the grievance against Earl Thomas. That would be just as, if not more ideal than a Judon trade for obvious reasons.

edit: Based on how long it took for AB’s grievances to file and get confirmed/rejected this would roughly coincide with that timeline. Though I feel as though we’d have heard some news on that front if that were the case.

Edited by diamondbull424

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

The other option is we trade Judon to a team and open up like $10m in cap space. Hopefully this deal also means we’ve found a suitor for Judon.

I wouldn't be mad if they're able to trade Judon for a WR and cap relief. (But we all know who I really want 😆) Just hope its a world-beater, that's all I'm saying.

“We are excited to add Yannick Ngakoue to our football team,” DeCosta stated. “Yannick is someone who we are very familiar with going back to the draft process years ago. He is an exciting player and a dangerous pass rusher who makes us better. Yannick grew up here. He’s the type of person we welcome in our building. Finally, we are not finished building this team, as we continue to chase our ultimate goals.”

EDC really out there calling his shot man... can't imagine he just meant signing Dez Bryant to the practice squad when he included that nugget... WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

I completely respect it. How do you feel about kicking the tires with Dez again? 

I mean, it can't hurt? His routes looked a little slow in what we saw of him in his clips. If he can bring a big body and a clutch catch here or there, he's a low risk high reward guy. Just not sure how high the reward can be at this point. I'm in favor of bringing a possession type veteran though. We will see. 

13 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

EDC really out there calling his shot man... can't imagine he just meant signing Dez Bryant to the practice squad when he included that nugget... WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN 

That’s what I latched onto and why I wouldn’t be surprised if Judon is on his way out. From a team chemistry standpoint, you’ve got to think it could mess with team chemistry if we trade Judon or if we keep him. But players are smart enough to know that if we could somehow parlay Judon into Jamison Crowder, that the front office is simply trying to improve this football team and nothing more.

Though considering how likable Judon is, it probably ultimately is an unrealistic hope of mines.

But I remember reading in NFL Gen someone suggesting that Yannick might be traded as the Vikings are spiraling down and I somewhat rolled my eyes only for a few days later for this trade to ACTUALLY go down.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s what I latched onto and why I wouldn’t be surprised if Judon is on his way out. From a team chemistry standpoint, you’ve got to think it could mess with team chemistry if we trade Judon or if we keep him. But players are smart enough to know that if we could somehow parlay Judon into Jamison Crowder, that the front office is simply trying to improve this football team and nothing more.

Though considering how likable Judon is, it probably ultimately is an unrealistic hope of mines.

But I remember reading in NFL Gen someone suggesting that Yannick might be traded as the Vikings are spiraling down and I somewhat rolled my eyes only for a few days later for this trade to ACTUALLY go down.

Everyone has to know Judon is on the way out right now though. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Everyone has to know Judon is on the way out right now though. 

I think he knew that going into this year. The front office is usually open, which is why players that are cut or let go RARELY have bad blood here.

Plus Judon hasn't made any noise about negotiations, because there weren't any.

Edited by wackywabbit

Wow awesome move. I feel like this is especially to match up with the Chiefs, so we don't have to blitz as much to generate pass rush. 

But I'm noticing a lot of Judon hate. According to an ESPN stat that Judon is 5th among DE/OLBs in pass rush win rate, right in between Myles Garrett and Joey Bosa. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

How do we reconcile how much people dislike him on this board with how good he is performing based on that stat?