Vikings Trade Ngakoue To Baltimore

SemperFeist

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think this is actually a smart move by Spielman. Getting a solid return for someone that you’ll likely not be able to keep us a good move.

Solid return? We essentially moved down two rounds. Our likely high 2nd to a likely low 3rd. Granted who knew we'd be 1-5 at this point. 

I think Hunter and Yannick could've been fun to watch, I digress.

I would have loved to have seen Yannick and Hunter together as well, but I'm guessing that Yannick implied that he wouldn't resign, so getting something is good, and it's a big drop, but that's better than nothing. I fully expect some of Harrison Smith, Anthony Harris, Reilly Rieff, and Kyle Rudolph are all options to be moved as well. I'd be find moving basically all of them, though it'll be sad to see Harrison Smith or Kyle Rudolph leave.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Solid return? We essentially moved down two rounds. Our likely high 2nd to a likely low 3rd. Granted who knew we'd be 1-5 at this point. 

I think Hunter and Yannick could've been fun to watch, I digress.

You’re looking at it in hindsight, which is always the wrong approach. 

After trading for Ngakoue, there were two options left. Re-sign him. Or let him leave in free agency. Re-signing him was always going to be tricky and require some Brzinzski magic. And letting him leave in free agency would, at best, get you a compensatory 3rd. 

This move gets back your conditional 5th, and not only guarantees you a 3rd, but also accelerates it a year. 

• Like 2