Vikings Trade Ngakoue To Baltimore

SemperFeist

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's iffy. Man that could be the golden ticket though!

The way I see it, he is worth the draft picks.  Smith and Thielen are getting up there in age anyway, and who knows what's going to happen with Hunter's neck injury?  I'd be willing to roll the dice for one of the best quarterbacks in a long, long time. 

• Like 1

Rick is a GM that seems to panic too easily.

Trading a #2, when you likely already have news that the best Defensive player in the league, in Hunter is going to be out [likely a while], is a terrible move.

Alas, we remember, Rick traded a #1 & #3 (I think) for a QB, that he really shouldn't have.

He seems to take a problem, and then immediately compound the problem even further 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Rick is a GM that seems to panic too easily.

Trading a #2, when you likely already have news that the best Defensive player in the league, in Hunter is going to be out [likely a while], is a terrible move.

Alas, we remember, Rick traded a #1 & #3 (I think) for a QB, that he really shouldn't have.

He seems to take a problem, and then immediately compound the problem even further 

I think his expectations were too high on the season.  A 2nd wouldn't have been too much for a playoff team to give up for a premiere pass rusher. 

• Like 1

Wow, very interesting, got a 3rd and a 5th rounder for him though so not much.  Then again Ngakoue was not dominating or anything anyways, a few splash plays but is pretty weak against the run and does now hold the point of attack well.  Wish we could have got a player with the draft picks though.  

Very interesting though, Vikings have him for such a short time and already know they do not want him long term.  Also shows that they are more than ready to can in the season and just play the young guys to see what they have.  They better put Lynch in more I hope even as a larger DE I would not mind to see him there, Wonnum has already played well a DE wish Kenny was not hurt so he could get some run.

I wish the Ravens would have included Jaylon Ferguson in the deal, he is not a 3/4 OLB but as a down DE I think he could be better in a 4/3.  

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

$5-$6M

Is it that much? Ngakoue had an $8M salary this year. The Vikings paid him a $4M bonus as part of his restructure.

I suppose that math works out.

Savings would be his weekly salary times the number of weeks left. $8M/17 * 11= $5.18M.

I saw a tweet earlier that suggest that Ngakoue would cost the Vikings over $9M this year. Either that is incorrect or there is a piece of information that I am missing. From what I can see the cost to the Vikings would be his prorated bonus plus 6/17 of his salary. $4M + $8M/17 * 6 = $6.82M

Either he knows something that I don't know or he is wrong. It is more likely that he knows something that I do now know.

A few thoughts on what trading the Vikings trading Yannick Ngakoue means: • It's an objective misfire by the front office. Not only do they move down from the early 2nd to the late third, but they lose $9.5M in cap and only save $2.5M after bonus and salary already paid

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNickOlsonNFL%2Fstatus%2F1319295041618079745&widget=Tweet

Edited by Cearbhall

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Either he knows something that I don't know or he is wrong. It is more likely that he knows something that I do now know.

A few thoughts on what trading the Vikings trading Yannick Ngakoue means: • It's an objective misfire by the front office. Not only do they move down from the early 2nd to the late third, but they lose $9.5M in cap and only save $2.5M after bonus and salary already paid

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNickOlsonNFL%2Fstatus%2F1319295041618079745&widget=Tweet

He walked it back in another tweet. He had the bonus amount and base salary amount reversed. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He walked it back in another tweet. He had the bonus amount and base salary amount reversed. 

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't see where he walked it back but saw the original tweet somewhere. Thanks for straightening that out for me. Next time I'll not think it is more likely he knows something that I don't know.

Edited by Cearbhall

It does suck though, Vikings get a 3rd rounder in 2021 and a 5th rounder in 2022.

They traded Ngakoue for a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder that could become as high as a 3rd rounder possibly for Jacksonville.  So they clearly got ripped off in the pick swap no doubt about it.  So that kind of sucks and was pretty stupid on there part, curious if they just did not like Ngakoue and how he played or the fact they have a bad record they are just trading assets to tank the season.  

On the plus side the Vikings did not place their entire starting offensive line on the COVID-19 list like the Raiders, so they got that going for them.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I wish the Ravens would have included Jaylon Ferguson in the deal, he is not a 3/4 OLB but as a down DE I think he could be better in a 4/3.

I wouldn't bemoan not getting him too much. He's really struggled overall and has only flashed a handful of times. It's not a 3/4 4/3 issue either, the Ravens are rarely in their base defense. 

As a Vikes fan there's probably a lot of reasons to pick at this deal, but not getting Ferg in exchange shouldn't be one of them.