Vikings Trade Ngakoue To Baltimore

SemperFeist

16 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I know I had asked about getting back the conditional picks on the previous page. Per Adam Schefter on Sunday NFL Countdown this morning the Vikings are on the hook for those picks in 2022. 

5th for sure

4th with Pro Bowl selection

3rd with Super Bowl appearance

Is that 3rd compensation based on the Vikings appearing in the Super Bowl or based on Ngakoue appearing in the Super Bowl? One of those things is way more likely than the other.

Pro Bowl is certainly centered on the individual rather than the team. The 3rd condition may also be centered on the individual.

Edited by Cearbhall

I’d be surprised if Ngakoue makes the pro bowl. Voting is basically half over, and I can’t imagine he’s gotten a lot of votes playing for the Vikings. 

But, regardless what the conditions of that 2022 pick are, I’m guessing that the same conditions apply for the pick Minnesota got from Baltimore. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Is that 3rd compensation based on the Vikings appearing in the Super Bowl or based on Ngakoue appearing in the Super Bowl? One of those things is way more likely than the other.

Pro Bowl is certainly centered on the individual rather than the team. The 3rd condition may also be centered on the individual.

Ngakoue appearing in SB. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d be surprised if Ngakoue makes the pro bowl. Voting is basically half over, and I can’t imagine he’s gotten a lot of votes playing for the Vikings. 

But, regardless what the conditions of that 2022 pick are, I’m guessing that the same conditions apply for the pick Minnesota got from Baltimore. 

Would’ve been a smart way to off set things as best they could if that’s the case. 

Weird COVID might help the Vikings with the Pro Bowl conditional part. Pro bowl might have been cancelled and they'll just name the initial team. Where's a normal Pro Bowl tons of players drop out and 5th/6th reserve get selected ala Rhodes last year. Yannick probably would will be in the 3rd or 4th wave with his stats.