Vikings Trade Ngakoue To Baltimore

SemperFeist

Should probably move on from Harris and Reiff as well, and maybe Rudolph? I don't think Spielman and Zimmer would be making these trades if they felt they were on the hot seat, and that thought coincides with some scuttlebutt in an ESPN piece from a couple days ago where they speculated on Zimmer's firing but reported "There's no indication from anyone reliable that Zimmer is in any immediate trouble.". 

2 minutes ago, erickendricks4pf said:

Should probably move on from Harris and Reiff as well, and maybe Rudolph? I don't think Spielman and Zimmer would be making these trades if they felt they were on the hot seat, and that thought coincides with some scuttlebutt in an ESPN piece from a couple days ago where they speculated on Zimmer's firing but reported "There's no indication from anyone reliable that Zimmer is in any immediate trouble.". 

I don't think you're moving on from Rudolph yet, because of the large amount of dead money already attached to him.  2021 is where they have more flexibility with him.

• Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

The seasons lost, at this point, start Iloka and workout some street free agents. Only thing we’re playing for is pick 1.

They could move both Reiff and Harris and they still won't get pick 1.  The Jets have a stranglehold on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Fair enough. I would've preferred to re-sign him. They had to have had a plan to do that when they traded for him. It is a moot point now. Guess we'll get to really see what we have in Wonnum and Odenigbo. 

If Spielman is here for the draft, which I assume he will be, he'll have ammo to hopefully move UP and not down.

Wait you think he's actually moving up?

Be prepared for 30 draft picks just so 24 of them don't make the team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, erickendricks4pf said:

And I don't think they (Spielman and Zimmer) should be considering how good the team was last season. If next year is like this one we'll see a complete change.

I agree that trading Reiff is a good move right now because we need to see what Cleveland can do at Left Tackle. With Harris, the Vikings also probably need to move on. 

Ngakoue made sense at the time, and now this trade makes sense at this time. Let's not have any regrets for swinging for the fences.

• Like 2

I've been all for the garage sale for a couple of years now.  The thing is, two elite edge rushers like Hunter and Ngakoue are the kind of players upon which you can build your defense.  Get rid of everyone on the defense that has any value other than Hunter, Ngakoue, and the rookie corners.  Dumping Ngakoue, and doing it for a loss in draft capital to boot, makes no sense, especially when you have a defense-minded head coach.

I wonder about a different scenario causing this trade.  I think Spielman was always hoping for an extension, but Yannick declined.  Think about it, he came from Jax...a fairly non-competitive team, to the Vikings who were supposed to good.  Now the Vikings are non-competitive.  Maybe Yannick wants to play for a winner and Spielman obliged and got something in return.