Proposal: Trade for Matt Stafford

bionicsuperfreak

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

While Kirk is not the answer for the Vikings, I sure wouldn't view Matthew Stafford as being worth 2 first round picks more than Cousins.  Stafford would be slightly better, but nowhere near that much better.  If the Vikings were to give up 2 first round picks for another QB, they might as well put together a package of picks and trade up for the #2 or #3 pick in the draft and get a young QB they believe in. 

Wow!  It looks like @bionicsuperfreak has been vindicated.  What a call on the value of Stafford!  I stand corrected, and in awe of how close bionicsuperfreak was in his suggestion. 
giphy.gif

The Stafford and Goff contracts in terms of money are almost identical.  Stafford is 32 and Goff is 26.  Goff has four years left on his current contract Stafford has two.  So why would the Lions get two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder?  I could see maybe one of those draft picks thrown in but not all three.  What a deal, get a younger QB and get all those picks.  

Stafford is the better player but he is a lot older and unless he plays for another 8 years which is a question mark, not sure why all the picks were thrown into the mix honestly.  

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Honestly, why? 

Name one thing that he’s better at than Cousins besides losing

He's a more naturally talented QB, but like I said, the difference is minimal. Thus, I have Stafford as the 11th best QB in the NFL and Cousins as #15. Given enough help, that should be enough to get a team over the hump.

The issue is Detroit never bothered to help their QB out.

Wins aren't really a QB stat though. Or at least they shouldn't be.

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So he’s more naturally talented with worse production and results? Sounds like a worse quarterback. 

Do you have him ranked ahead of Tom Brady, too?

That's your opinion. Check the NFL comp forum. I listed my top 15 QBs.

The biggest issue I have with that list is that I probably grossly overrated Ben Roethlisberger. Besides that, I like it.