Proposal: Trade for Matt Stafford

bionicsuperfreak

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its weird how badly Carolina wants out from Teddy. He's on the conservative side, but he's a fine QB. Right outside my top 15.

I don’t think he was near 15 this year. 15 Tds and 11 ints is terrible for a starting QB in today’s NFL. I think the narrative that’s he’s a good or average starting QB needs to end. That’s Cousins/Stafford territory and his peaks aren’t nearly as high as those two. I like Teddy but I don’t see how he survives another year as a starter and he’s certainly proven he will never be an unquestioned starter. 

The Saints chose Taysom Hill over Bridgewater. After Bridgewater helped them go 5-0 with a 9:2 TD:INT ratio. That told me everything I needed to know about Bridgewater’s standing as a starter in the NFL. I think it’s easy to say that he’s a bottom 10 QB, possibly bottom 5. 

Edited by SemperFeist

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Do the Lions like Goff that much? I think I would have taken the panthers deal honestly

Teddy must have been seen as a major downgrade from Goff to pass on that deal. Pick 8 would be nice. But with limited offseason activity maybe they wanted to stock up on future firsts. Though I’d expect the Rams to be picking later.

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Do the Lions like Goff that much? I think I would have taken the panthers deal honestly

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either!  Detroit has to be loading up to draft a QB of the future...and #8 wasn't enticing?  I would rather have Teddy around to teach a young QB about the game than Goff anyway.  I just don't get it.

21 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either!  Detroit has to be loading up to draft a QB of the future...and #8 wasn't enticing?  I would rather have Teddy around to teach a young QB about the game than Goff anyway.  I just don't get it.

I can only imagine it's because Teddy's upside is much more limited than Goff.  I personally don't think Goff is any better, but he does have more upside and the GM knows him better.  

Just now, swede700 said:

I can only imagine it's because Teddy's upside is much more limited than Goff.  I personally don't think Goff is any better, but he does have more upside and the GM knows him better.  

But are the Lions really considering Goff to be a franchise QB?  If I were thinking that I'm going to go out and get my QBOF in the 2021 or 2022 draft, I would rather have Bridgewater...who will be consummate professional on and off the field, and will be an important guy in the locker room, yet not cause a split with the arrival of his replacement.  I've never considered Goff to be much of a leader, and perhaps has some thin skin, after what said on his way out of LA. 

13 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

But are the Lions really considering Goff to be a franchise QB?  If I were thinking that I'm going to go out and get my QBOF in the 2021 or 2022 draft, I would rather have Bridgewater...who will be consummate professional on and off the field, and will be an important guy in the locker room, yet not cause a split with the arrival of his replacement.  I've never considered Goff to be much of a leader, and perhaps has some thin skin, after what said on his way out of LA. 

I think there's still a hope that he may be one, if given proper support.  I've never even thought he was one, even when he was drafted #1.  He just happened to be the best QB of a bad draft for QBs...in which the best QB has turned out to be a 4th rounder in Dak Prescott.

What would you think the FO gives Seattle for Russell Wilson?  I don't think it makes great financial sense, but it would be something to see him in purple with horns on his helmet!!!!

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

What would you think the FO gives Seattle for Russell Wilson?  I don't think it makes great financial sense, but it would be something to see him in purple with horns on his helmet!!!!

It certainly wouldn't be an improvement on protection for him, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be interested.  😅

But, I'd give them a first and a later pick...while he's the same age as Kirk, he's better than Kirk...and I think can last longer in the league.

He brings the hits on himself with how long he holds on to the ball, and tries to extend plays.  His tweet about getting hit too much lacked total self-awareness.

5th highest average time to throw in the league.

Edited by RpMc