The Boats are on Fire! Who's Getting Shipped Off?

RpMc

Feels weird to be discussing trades of our current players in various different threads, but if this thread doesn't make the cut, feel free to close it down!

Which players will be turning in their oars and Helga horns?  Which players should?

A couple of thoughts:

Riley Reiff to Tennessee for a conditional 6th that can become a 4th if Tennessee wins the Super Bowl, 5th if they make the conference championship.

Anthony Harris to Dallas for a 4th

2021 Offseason

Kirk Cousins + 2022 3rd to Indianapolis for a 4th round pick (Used the Osweiler trade as a skeleton)

Edited by RpMc

Cousins being dealt makes a ton of sense, especially if the team lands a top 3 pick as seems to the case. 

I’d look to trade Anthony Barr in 2021. He’s just not worth the cost and I’m not sure Wilson is a significant enough drop off to justify paying Barr edge rusher money. 

Reiff and Harris should be dealt before the deadline. No sense of hanging onto them. Let Cleveland play his natural LT spot the rest of the year. 

Id work on a new deal with Odinigbo, besides him, Hunter, Kendricks and Smith, no one is really worth anything on the defense.

• Like 1

I think Reiff would be able to fetch more than a 6 personally. The Titans will (hopefully) get killed by the Steelers front 7 this week showing their need for an OT. And Dallas still has a shot at the division and with both of their Tackles out, they might be willing to pony up a pick for Reiff too

I'd move via trade the following: Reiff, Rudolph, Cousins, Theilen, Harris, Smith, Kendricks, Barr, Hughes, and Hunter (if contract negotiations become difficult).  Anyone I can get good value for. 

I would cut the following: Wilson, Stephen, Nickerson, Mannion, Elflein, B. Jones, Holmes, Hill, Gedeon and Iloka.

I would build the offense around a new QB, Cook, Jefferson. 

I would build defense around Hunter (if extended), Dantzler, Gladney, and Odenigbo.

Put me in the camp of blowing it up and starting over.

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Hopefully they hold out RR, Kyle and Harris from this week game and push for a trade on Monday

I believe that they will hold out everyone this week...it's a bye.

52 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I'd move via trade the following: Reiff, Rudolph, Cousins, Theilen, Harris, Smith, Kendricks, Barr, Hughes, and Hunter (if contract negotiations become difficult).  Anyone I can get good value for. 

I would cut the following: Wilson, Stephen, Nickerson, Mannion, Elflein, B. Jones, Holmes, Hill, Gedeon and Iloka.

I would build defense around Hunter (if extended), Dantzler, Gladney, and Odenigbo.

I don't advocate a full dismantling unless you want to be bad for an extended period. And I don't think that's necessary, we can be competitive next year if things go well.  Keep Kendricks, Hunter, Smith and Theilen.

Edited by Worm Guts

Whoever is over 28-30 (give or take) should be available.

Me? I package a player and a late pick to get an earlier pick....so, Reiff and a 6th gets you a 4th (as an example, not necessarily true). Give me more picks in round 1-3 (or 4-5 I can trade up with), rather than more 6-7th round picks (which are basically random in outcome).

Reiff and Harris should be dealt for sure. Probably Rudolph, even though he's a good role model. Kirk is not tradeable, or he'd be on the list, so sure, if someone will take him, you deal him.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Excluding rookies:

Keep H. Smith, Watts, Kendricks and Hunter on defense.

Keep Thielen, Cook (unless you get a crazy offer), O'Neill, I. Smith and Bradbury on offense.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, Virginia Viking said:

Don’t like the idea of trading Thielen at all. He’s a top WR and still playing well. He allows Jefferson to not be the sole focus of attention by opposing defenses, and he’s one of the very few feel-good things we have going for us. Keep him, let him help the next QB grow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Don’t like the idea of trading Thielen at all. He’s a top WR and still playing well. He allows Jefferson to not be the sole focus of attention by opposing defenses, and he’s one of the very few feel-good things we have going for us. Keep him, let him help the next QB grow. 

Agreed. Thielen and Harrison Smith are (realistically) off limits. 

You still need vets to help rebuild a team. Thielen and Smith are still playing at a high level, and make things easier on the field for everyone. They also help set the tone in the locker room, which is more important that some people realize. 

• Like 1

What’s the highest draft compensation you would attach to Kirk Cousins to move him out this offseason?

How sour on him are you? How beneficial would it be to just have him out of the locker room assuming we draft a QB high in the draft?

Houston moved a future 2nd with Osweiler for a fourth. Kirk is a more useful QB than Osweiler, but does the $35M in salary make his value more negative than Brock’s?