Did the Vikings ever make you cry?

cconocool

Diggs taking it to the house did it. The Minneapolis Miracle. Completely overcome with emotion.

Too bad the team (again) ripped my heart out the next week. The Anderson miss and that left more of a numb feeling. Not a need to cry. THe FG miss more than the loss to Philly. Also the Walsh miss against Seattle left a bit of that numbness.

No, I don't think so. Tough losses have left me either furious or numb. The Minneapolis Miracle was pure joy and gave me a ton of positive energy to work off--which was good, because I had to go out and shovel snow right after the game. 😄

Edited by y*so*blu

Well...this year provided us with (2) 1 point losses -- both of which were gut wrenching. And then the Falcons happened. On the whole this has to be my most depressing season (yes this one) considering I thought they'd at least make the playoffs. 

Seeing Gary Anderson miss in 98 was probably the closest single cry moment. The whole team choked for not doing enough in that game though.

Yeah the aforementioned debacle against the Giants where the Vikings looked like old-old-school Tampa Bay was soul sucking. 

Really though I was excited after the playoff win against the Saints last January -- so shame on me.

After each Super Bowl loss...mainly because I knew I was going to be abused by my "friends" at school because I was the only kid in my class in Richmond, VA that was a die hard Vikings fan.  Usually I retorted my tormenter with "at least we were IN the Super Bowl you stupid Redskin fan!!".... Then I would get punched!  

I watch football for fun and I don't get serious enough about the outcome to ever be brought to tears.  This team has blown it so many different times and in so many different ways in the playoffs through the years that I've gotten to the point where I've almost taught myself to laugh with every new playoff exit.  After a while, all you can do is laugh.  The only thing that could possibly bring me to tears would possibly be a Super Bowl win while my dad is still alive, but I'm guessing that's probably not going to happen at this point.  2017 was the perfect opportunity to do that, but alas, they went into Philadelphia as the favorites and got their tails handed to them.  Whatever.  I don't see the Vikings winning a Super Bowl under Mike Zimmer so we are looking at a wait of at least 3-4 years before we are in contention again. No tears.  Just sighs.