Week 7: Debbie Does Dallas comes to play with SE Jerome

turtle28

Couple take aways-

Dallas D is horrendous.

As @MKnight82 said, this is what our offense is intended to look at.  It was efficient and had good tempo, but sadly if this is the goal it is a very unexplosive offense.

The dallas offense is undeniably loaded with talented skill players.  But for the last 4 years, that offense has lived off that offensive line.  Now it has crumbled and it likely has no path to success this year.

That was fun to watch.  Kyle Allen beat dallas and thereby goes into the WFT notable names.  But the unintended negative consequence is that that a group of fans will now obsess about Kyle Allen much like they did Colt McCoy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well fellas - this went exactly how I thought. 2-2 on my predictions, lol. Sorry for your loss of draft capital. Good luck the rest of the season, but feel free to lose the division to the Eagles.

@Woz => looks like you are signed up for mafia my friend. 

As I said ... I take no responsibility for whatever happens if you try to force this.

It was nice to just see this team do their job and make the plays that were there to make. We beat Dallas so that’s always cool but ultimately we beat Dallas and we gotta see if maybe this team can build off of this game. Their should be some confidence everyone made plays so it was a team win. Hopkins needs to get away from this building take a vacation come back and get his kick back. I’m not going to pull for us to tank you don’t build a winning culture trying to assure yourself draft position. Simply put we need to keep trying to develop the guys we have and we need to keep hitting on the selections we do have like we have been. Mini Luke/ Cole man this guy is electric. Was the player I was most excited to see with this staff and he’s on his way!!!

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Couple take aways-

Dallas D is horrendous.

As @MKnight82 said, this is what our offense is intended to look at.  It was efficient and had good tempo, but sadly if this is the goal it is a very unexplosive offense.

The dallas offense is undeniably loaded with talented skill players.  But for the last 4 years, that offense has lived off that offensive line.  Now it has crumbled and it likely has no path to success this year.

That was fun to watch.  Kyle Allen beat dallas and thereby goes into the WFT notable names.  But the unintended negative consequence is that that a group of fans will now obsess about Kyle Allen much like they did Colt McCoy.

Our OL hasnt been very good since 2016. It has been mediocre to bad. Our offense worked because of Dak. Our offense died with his ankle. 

Defensively we were horrendous from play 1 of the season. 

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

It still won't be as bad as the Cult of Colt Brennan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Our OL hasnt been very good since 2016. It has been mediocre to bad. Our offense worked because of Dak. Our offense died with his ankle. 

Defensively we were horrendous from play 1 of the season. 

If this is your take then you are blind or just have no reference point for what a bad oline is.  

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If this is your take then you are blind or just have no reference point for what a bad oline is.  

We were 18th in 2017. 27th in 2018. 2019 was really good. I think we ranked 4th? Average ranking of 16th. Mediocre. 

Obvi depending on source, PFF/DVOA/ESPN all had us at different spots. 

Edited by Matts4313

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We were 18th in 2017. 27th in 2018. 2019 was really good. I think we ranked 4th? Average ranking of 16th. Mediocre. 

Obvi depending on source, PFF/DVOA/ESPN all had us at different spots. 

What created that decline in your opinion?  Obviously Travis Frederick medical then retirement.  La'el Collins is overrated?  Is Smith declining?  The media drools all over these guys explain.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Will you at least occasionally vote? If you have seen the movie, trolling outside that would be encouraged, lol

I take no responsibility for what does or does not happen in the game if you try to force this.

You might get Fuddruckers.
You might get Buttf-ers.
You might get nuclear explosion.

More likely though, you will not like the outcome.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What created that decline in your opinion?  Obviously Travis Frederick medical then retirement.  La'el Collins is overrated?  Is Smith declining?  The media drools all over these guys explain.  

1. Weve been overrated.

2. Weve gone through 5 OL coaches (4 + 1 consultant (Houck)) since 2017.

3. A lot of medical/injuries. Smith/Fredrick (and Loony, his back up)/Collins have all been injured a *lot* the last few years. And now Martin is hurt.

4. Our LG is extremely mediocre and he is the only one who plays consistently. 

5. Something not discussed much, but our TEs cant block worth a damn. Witten could, which is part of the reason we did well last year. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

1. Weve been overrated.

2. Weve gone through 5 OL coaches (4 + 1 consultant (Houck)) since 2017.

3. A lot of medical/injuries. Smith/Fredrick (and Loony, his back up)/Collins have all been injured a *lot* the last few years.

4. Our LG is extremely mediocre and he is the only one who plays consistently. 

5. Something not discussed much, but our TEs cant block worth a damn. Witten could, which is part of the reason we did well last year. 

I don't watch very many Dallas games.  Does Zeke put in effort when he's asked to pass block or chip?