Week 7: Debbie Does Dallas comes to play with SE Jerome

turtle28

Logan Thomas is going to be an excellent 2nd TE in future two-TE sets. A quicker, receiving TE would really help this team. I also love the AG-McKissic sets in the backfield. You have to account for both backs, which makes the play-calling potential endless.

Edited by A TRAIN 89
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As of right now, we have the 10th pick in the draft. If we stay in this area, maybe a trade down is the call if it presents itself. 

9th right now. Only one with a worse SoS than us? The Cowgirls. And they have the 8th.

This is why the whole "we can win the division, yay" stuff kills me.

Yes, we probably could. But do we want to and screw over our team long-term?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

9th right now. Only one with a worse SoS than us? The Cowgirls. And they have the 8th.

Totally agree Thai!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The team rallying together, clipping off a bunch of wins and getting behind this coaching staff wouldn’t be the worst thing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just saw a small post game locker room talk with the team, below. Terry McLaurin is an awesome person and player. Great kid, him and Payne are my guys on this team!

He is the only thing redskins I’ve purchased since 2012. I got a picture of him because when you see him climb the ladder for a pass dive toe tap crisp routes this guy is apart of a change here. This guy gets it and that’s the type of guy that says your scouts are doing that work!!! There is a change coming!!! We can think these wins are meaningless and we won’t get this guy or that guy with name value but we are hitting on guys look at Cole and Terry Fuller jimmy Mo has moments Curl we are getting there. We just need to keep plucking at these drafts and keep using FA smart. You can pay a guy every now and again but the best signings generally are the mid tiers. We have holes but we do have pieces. Young bright pieces. Sweat is coming along. We just gotta keep piling away and honestly we wanted a culture change and I’ll take that over a few draft spots because I believe in our scouting dept.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The Bills snuck in with a bad record on year and they overachieved. It didn’t keep their rebuild they hit on that pick with a lockdown CB!!! The Seahawks won a division at 7-9 and drafted Russell Wilson. Tanking just means more losing. I’ll take the wins. I’ll take the locker room and I’ll trust our scouts. Good teams don’t pick high very often. We got lucky we got Chase for sucking honestly we deserve that guy.
But maybe this puts us in Pitts or Friermouth range. Or maybe it’s not Sewell but there are plenty of options. Or what about Davis the G from Ohio ST. He’s not Nelson but man he and Schreff would really solidify the middle. Idc where we draft there will be talent. Getting this team will have options we have plenty of spots we need to improve to be a serious contender

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The team rallying together, clipping off a bunch of wins and getting behind this coaching staff wouldn’t be the worst thing.

giphy.gif

Took my kids to a corn maze/pumpkin patch today so I didnt watch or even check on the game. That being said when I saw the score my initial reaction was, "Oh wow!?" No clue whether this is an indictment of how bad Dallas has become without Dak running the show or whether or not this is the first game the whole team decided to show up. Saw that Gibson had over 100 yards and 20+ touches, that makes me happy. The biggest thing I like was the number of punts we had the whole game: 2. That meant the offense was sustaining drives and putting points on the board.

If this team just needs a kick in the pants to get hot and go on a run, I'm on board with that too. The goal of this season should be for people to get comfortable in this system and start thriving. I hope we find some players we want to continue starting on our roster this year.

Anyone who watched the game, any significant improvement from the QB position or are we still bottom of the barrel in the position?

Also, I don't think I could ever accept a loss vs. Dallas, so this makes me VERY happy.

HTT...

Edited by Slappy Mc

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

The Bills snuck in with a bad record on year and they overachieved. It didn’t keep their rebuild they hit on that pick with a lockdown CB!!! 

They already had their QB. And they were already in the right direction with better talent. We have neither. If we were in their position this year? Yeah. I'd be all for it. But we're not.

The Seahawks won a division at 7-9 and drafted Russell Wilson.

And got lucky because they got him in the 3rd round. If that's the type of gamble you want to make, then we can certainly do it. 

The fact is that those are anecdotal evidence (even the Brady example is a clear anecdote). The trend is pretty clear that if you're not drafted highly as a QB, you're not going to do much of anything in the league.

Tanking just means more losing.

No one said for the players or coaches to intentionally tank. I want them to try to win. And fail.

I’ll take the wins. I’ll take the locker room and I’ll trust our scouts. Good teams don’t pick high very often.

Good teams are good for a reason. They have talent and they have good coaching. Do with have either of them? 

Furthermore, going on runs to finish a season with bad/mediocre teams does not guarantee you success the following season(s). We've done it multiple times under Snyder. And yet here we are. Other teams have had the same results. 

We got lucky we got Chase for sucking honestly we deserve that guy.

Um...hello...had we followed your advice and gone 7-9 last year, we miss out on Chase. You can't decry the push to get elite talent at the top of the draft, and then also say "hey, look at this generational player we got...with the 2nd pick in the draft"

But maybe this puts us in Pitts or Friermouth range. Or maybe it’s not Sewell but there are plenty of options. Or what about Davis the G from Ohio ST. He’s not Nelson but man he and Schreff would really solidify the middle. Idc where we draft there will be talent. Getting this team will have options we have plenty of spots we need to improve to be a serious contender

We might have to start talking about them. Because this team is gonna chase the division (while still "evaluating talent" and not having an actual plan to do so) and end up winning 5-6 games and we pick 10th. I'd rather be at 1st or 2nd and either take Lawrence (1st) / Fields (2nd) or, if 3rd or so, trade down and get extra picks.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

What long term? There is no long term.

Enjoy the wins when we can get them. Especially against rivals.

Because unless the NFL gets off this trash revenue share thing. The FO wont be caring one lick about doing a whole lot of winning.

The only way this team will ever be a big time contender again. Is if they take say 50 million from the nonplayoff teams share and add it to the playoff teams. That 100 mil gap might get Snyder & Company in gear to do something.

Enjoy the freakin win.