When does McCarthy get fired

Vladimir L

I was thinking about this earlier today....I think that there has to be real consideration to a one and done type season, and I'm not one who is typically so cavalier with jettisoning coaches. But this has been just a disaster from the start, it's not going to get better with the injuries. I would have been somewhat willing to give another shot, but you can't have players calling out the staff 6 weeks into a season and talking about how they aren't good and yadda yadda. 

That's just a bad match at this point. Ultimately, I don't know if they go that route because of the craziness of the year, but sometimes you just know, and if the FO believes that they know already, I wouldn't hold it against them. 

I'm inclined to say the Covid situation gets most HCs, especially 1st year guys, a pass.

I'm inclined to say that massive injuries and the sort get most HCs a pass.

But McCarthy isn't going to get this team back in his corner. If he fully loses the team, he'll almost assuredly be gone this year. Everything about this feels like a full blown mutiny waiting to happen.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm inclined to say the Covid situation gets most HCs, especially 1st year guys, a pass.

I'm inclined to say that massive injuries and the sort get most HCs a pass.

But McCarthy isn't going to get this team back in his corner. If he fully loses the team, he'll almost assuredly be gone this year. Everything about this feela like a full blown mutiny waiting to happen.

I can see this.

if the team cannibalizes itself, Mac is the obvious choice who to start with

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I can see this.

if the team cannibalizes itself, Mac is the obvious choice who to start with

Yeah. Between the anonymous players throwing him under the bus, the losing, and now McCarthy calling his guys out for their actions after the Dalton hit, it's just an ugly situation.

Gets at least another year. Dak was playing well under him and bringing in a new guy/ offense seems stupid and like a waste of money. If the coach and QB have it going you fix the other things first. Plus Jerry Is loyal and gives everyone an extra chance rather than moving on a year early

Here is the problem with firing McCarthy. No one is winning with the Cowboys next year. They have become a terrible team.

Cap wise they are 10 million short of covering Dak's franchise tag for 2021.

6 of their top 7 salary players besides Dak are dead cap locked to the roster (they can save 5.5 million by cutting Tyron Smith)

They don't have any money to both keep Dak and pay for an NFL defense next year.

The defender they desperately needed was passed on for a 3rd WR (I'm loving this pick more every day)

Their o-line is vapor at this point. Pretending they will be healthy and good next year would be insanity.

The plan this year was to hope some discount vets come through in the front 7, pray for health from Lee, Vander Esche, and Smith, and somehow live with a dreadful secondary.

Lee is a UFA and he's not getting younger or healthier.

Most of those line vets did not work out.

The secondary is hot garbage top to bottom.

As to grabbing those cheap vets next year? They will be a team that has gone something like 13-19 the last 2 years with a QB coming back from a major injury.

Who is going to treat them as a destination team.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

Only thing that could make this NFCE season even more special is if the Dallas Cowboys went full Cleveland Browns!

My God how the narrative has changed in just 2 short months since his hiring.  Have my 🍿🍿🍿🍿 ready to roll. This is better then a Soap Opera. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

When did you stop fact checking yourself?

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Here is the problem with firing McCarthy. No one is winning with the Cowboys next year. They have become a terrible team.

We are the second most injured team in the NFL by cap space, we had ~40% of our cap missing against WFT. We had a new staff with a strange offseason. We arent terrible going forward, we are terrible right now.

Cap wise they are 10 million short of covering Dak's franchise tag for 2021.

lol, we dont even know what the cap will be next year. Assuming its flat, we will have almost $50m in cap space....

6 of their top 7 salary players besides Dak are dead cap locked to the roster (they can save 5.5 million by cutting Tyron Smith)

As I explained in the other thread, you are only looking at cuts. Not trades. So this is inaccurate.

They don't have any money to both keep Dak and pay for an NFL defense next year.

I mean, we do have ~$65m dedicated to the defense right now.... And we have a ton of cap flex.

The defender they desperately needed was passed on for a 3rd WR (I'm loving this pick more every day)

I love the pick as well.

Their o-line is vapor at this point. Pretending they will be healthy and good next year would be insanity.

lmao. Are you predicting that our top 4 OTs, top C, Top OG are all going to magically get injured by game 6 again? Or are you being a typical Eagles fan and rooting for injuries?

The plan this year was to hope some discount vets come through in the front 7, pray for health from Lee, Vander Esche, and Smith, and somehow live with a dreadful secondary.

Lee is a UFA and he's not getting younger or healthier.

Most of those line vets did not work out.

The secondary is hot garbage top to bottom.

Technically, Diggs is the 3rd highest rated rookie DB in the NFL. 3 of our DBs have been injured almost the entire year. As well as several other defensive players.

As to grabbing those cheap vets next year? They will be a team that has gone something like 13-19 the last 2 years with a QB coming back from a major injury.

Who is going to treat them as a destination team.

At least the rest of the division sucks just as bad. And of course, we dont have the problem of being ~$50m over the cap like the Eagles. You guys are going to have to gut your dumpster fire.

• Like 2