OBJ torn ACL, done for the season

candyman93

He's gonna be missed more than people realize IMO. Our running game was not nearly as effective as it should have been yesterday. I personally believe OBJ's absence and the way the defense adjusted had a lot to do with that. We are lucky we were facing the Bengals defense. We need Teller and Chubb back ASAP, I don't think this currently injured line + Kareem will cut it without the defense needing to respect an weapons on the perimeter. 

4 minutes ago, braylon said:

He's gonna be missed more than people realize IMO. Our running game was not nearly as effective as it should have been yesterday. I personally believe OBJ's absence and the way the defense adjusted had a lot to do with that. We are lucky we were facing the Bengals defense. We need Teller and Chubb back ASAP, I don't think this currently injured line + Kareem will cut it without the defense needing to respect an weapons on the perimeter. 

We definitely need to add someone who’s got deep speed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be surprised to see them move him within the division.

I understand that, but we won't play them again this year and they seem to have completely lost faith in him, so I'm not sure they'd see it as much of a risk. I think they might be happy to get anything for him.

19 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baker faced Cincinnati today. We’re gonna miss Odell when we need someone to make a big play against a playoff contender. Odell would have been just fine in today’s game if he played. 

Well against the Steelers and ravens OBJ had 5 catches on 13 targets for 47 yards. Blame Baker or whatever but he didn't show up in those games with what we have so I don't know if it's a huge loss against those type of teams. In 23 games with the Browns he eclipsed Higgins' yardage from yesterday once.

30 minutes ago, braylon said:

Yeah our running game wasn’t nearly as effective but it seems like Cincy was really trying to stop it and that’s when Baker took off and started to dice them up. In reality our run game hasn’t been as effective since Teller left with an injury. Our running game hasn’t been thst effective since the Dallas game. OBJ is not the key to our running game. 

yeah but you know what forces a defense to respect you, when the QB finds 6 different receivers and finds 4 different guys for TDs. 

you could tell the offense and baker feel pressured to get OBJ his touches. Once OBJ was Out, you didn’t see that. They got Jarvis going. Once he went off in that first scoring drive, the defense keyed Jarvis and everything else opened up.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well against the Steelers and ravens OBJ had 5 catches on 13 targets for 47 yards. Blame Baker or whatever but he didn't show up in those games with what we have so I don't know if it's a huge loss against those type of teams. In 23 games with the Browns he eclipsed Higgins' yardage from yesterday once.

Yeah he’s had like 2 big games in a year and a half.

I won’t say it’s all on OBJ or whatever, but facts are facts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It seems Baker likes bigger body WRs. He has had success mostly throwing to TEs and Higgins who is a bigger WR. IDK if giving him a smaller 5'10" WR would be the best way to go.

Baker does well with guys who can make contested catches.

He’s gonna give receivers a chance.  It’s why he does so well with Jarvis and the TE’s.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s had like 2 big games in a year and a half.

I won’t say it’s all on OBJ or whatever, but facts are facts.

Right.

It seems like people assume we are blaming OBJ for the lack of production and that's far from the case. Sometimes it just doesn't mesh. And the worst part is that OBJ is so good and gets open so much (Baker knows this) that I know Baker was dying to get him the ball. Which probably led to many issues.

Higgins and Baker mesh. We all know Higgins is no OBJ but we as fans have probably underestimated how important the QB-WR chemistry can be. Those back shoulder throws were like music between the two and that's what we need to help establish that rhythm for Baker.