Cowboys News and Memes - Offseason edition

Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
48 minutes ago, D82 said:

Bobby seems set Tyron is gone. 

Bobby has a spotty history with his controversial takes. It’s not a bad strategy to get people talking about you, but I don’t buy this yet.

If he had some sort of inside info on Tyron’s injury recovery, he should make that clear. Because that is a situation where Tyron could be gone. But Bobby isn’t claiming that, and almost no other “insider” is pounding that drum.

idk, the more I look at the cap and the team’s situation the more I find it plausible. That $10m might get enticing. Of course, it doesn’t really benefit the team to create another gapping hole either. I know some believe CW could fill that void. That’s not a corner I’m in, but maybe the powers that be do.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

idk, the more I look at the cap and the team’s situation the more I find it plausible. That $10m might get enticing. Of course, it doesn’t really benefit the team to create another gapping hole either. I know some believe CW could fill that void. That’s not a corner I’m in, but maybe the powers that be do.

It's unfortunate that La'el has an even more ominous health situation than Tyron, because if the former had played at a high level this year I think it would be worth discussing him and Martin at OT, with Williams-Biasdaz-McGovern inside. That's a so-so unit at best, but that's all we had in 2020. We could be staring at the same multiyear rebuild on the OL we faced with Garrett a decade ago.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

If Tyron Smith is recovering well from his surgery and wants to play football, $10M in cap space shouldn’t be remotely enticing to anyone.

He’s the 20th highest paid OT in the league. You aren’t losing him and using that money to become a better team. You are creating a gigantic hole to create an asset that would cover ~half of what we wanted to pay Sammy Watkins a few years back.

• Like 1