Cowboys News and Memes - Offseason edition

Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Haha, this Dak being left out of the hype video thing is ridiculous.

Someone obviously made a conscious decision to leave Dak out of it. I’d guess it was some low-level video editor and Derek Eagleton was too busy to give it a proper review. Cop to it, and move on. They’re turning it into a story by making it feel like a coverup.

They left out Michael Irvin and a few other people too. 

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Haha, this Dak being left out of the hype video thing is ridiculous.

Someone obviously made a conscious decision to leave Dak out of it. I’d guess it was some low-level video editor and Derek Eagleton was too busy to give it a proper review. Cop to it, and move on. They’re turning it into a story by making it feel like a coverup.

If nothing else, the whole response basically underscores how little reason there would be to be "hyped" over the 2021 Cowboys without Dak Prescott.

The timing of the video is pretty curious regardless. Right after the SB, while our QB remains unsigned? I could get behind the idea that some intern is just trolling.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

You trust Tyron?

I’ll be leery regarding his health from here on out.

But, if progress and rehab are moving in a positive direction, this is terrific news as draft draws closer. Is OT still in the mix at some point? Probably. But, I’m not feeling pressed in rd 1-2 to do so.

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

You trust Tyron?

I'll trust the doctors to give me a legit prognosis and I'll trust Tyron to tell us how he's feeling about his short-to-medium term plans.

The best possible future for Dallas involves Tyron Smith playing well and staying healthy. So I'm certainly willing to gamble that he can do that, if the doctors and Tyron think he can.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I'll trust the doctors to give me a legit prognosis and I'll trust Tyron to tell us how he's feeling about his short-to-medium term plans.

The best possible future for Dallas involves Tyron Smith playing well and staying healthy. So I'm certainly willing to gamble that he can do that, if the doctors and Tyron think he can.

Not only that, but 1 more season of him under contract will help us financially in the future. Less dead money

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Hell no.  I trust him to miss multiple games this year.  OT would be my #1 priority in the draft unless Dak get traded.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Slam, you and I say it each and every year:

Offensive line. Defensive line. Early. Often. Annually.

The more familiar I get with this draft, the more I feel like we can go any direction at pick #10 and still get players that make a difference on our defense. CB you can definitely get at #44, and maybe even #75. A good value at LB can be found at any of our picks on day 2. And 1T seems to be a sweet spot around #75-#99. 

If they take a player like Sewell, Slater, Pitts, or Waddle at #10, things still stack up nicely for the rest of the draft. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The more familiar I get with this draft, the more I feel like we can go any direction at pick #10 and still get players that make a difference on our defense. CB you can definitely get at #44, and maybe even #75. A good value at LB can be found at any of our picks on day 2. And 1T seems to be a sweet spot around #75-#99. 

If they take a player like Sewell, Slater, Pitts, or Waddle at #10, things still stack up nicely for the rest of the draft. 

Agreed. If we stick to the notion of BPA regardless of position, then we should land immediate, quality, starting players.