BDL 2020 Week 8 - Seoul Dragons @ Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

rackcs

Seoul Dragons @ Antarctica Katabatic Beasts  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2020 at 05:01 AM

I think that's a really good effort for a first gameplan by Seoul, but I think the absence of a run game in a Murray lead offense is likely crippling when you want to run a fast paced O.  THink the Seoul defense is on the field way too long and Antarcitica's better balaned offense is more successful overall.  Would be a fun game to watch IRL for sure, but this one goes to the KBs.

I do like the gameplans here. There are some interesting matchups in this game. I don't think Kelley is ready to be a full time starter in the BDL and so that's going to make Seoul a bit more one dimensional. Antarctica's secondary I think is very good and well equipped to handle the Seoul receivers. I think Kelce and Brate will have some success as I don't think the Beasts will be able to stop them as well but enough to get the job done. Samsel's gameplan is good but I don't think his defense right now is good enough to stop Lamar as much as they'd need to. Antarctica is a close one.

Overall I think Seoul brings a strong gameplan, and I think this week highlights that they will be in good hands. But offensively they running a lot of tempo with two backs, neither of whom I would be entirely comfortable with having to rely greatly on. Kelley's been underwelming so far, only had one game that I'd even count as 'good'. Hard to work with that to help out Murray.

This was a close game but I actually went with the upset here. I think LJax has success with Diggs and Lamb, but the road teams pass rush can make Jackson uncomfortable. On the other side it’s a relatively even matchup but I think the elusive ways of Kyler help the overall flow of the offense leading to them closing the home team out in a nice victory for the new leader of Seoul.

13 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Do the % numbers add up and make sense? I'm going to be curious and take a look

They add up,    I just didn't do a good job of explaining how they added up.       I shouldn't have cut my gameplan off,   I actually thought I went to in-depth so I shortened it.

I was not really expecting this week to go well.

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

They add up,    I just didn't do a good job of explaining how they added up.       I shouldn't have cut my gameplan off,   I actually thought I went to in-depth so I shortened it.

Always expect it to go well vs me :ph34r:.

GG @samsel23 you did great for your first week.  

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Yeah offensively I was able to make it work, defense was trickier with shifting alignments but it seemed reasonable enough that I didn't need to follow up on.

29 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah offensively I was able to make it work, defense was trickier with shifting alignments but it seemed reasonable enough that I didn't need to follow up on.

It's just too bad that Isaiah Simmons has only played 84 total snaps this season though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It's just too bad that Isaiah Simmons has only played 84 total snaps this season though.

Sometimes players in BDL are forced into starting roles that may not have done so as much during the season. My backfield for a few weeks was evidence of that. Simmons playing that many snaps isn't going to sink his defense, and Simmons did flash potential with the pick on Wilson, so it's not like he's some bum. He certainly hasn't lived up to expectations so far, I think everyone agrees.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

Was well aware,   but I needed his athleticism.   His only responsibility was to hold a short zone coverage and spy Lamar,      wasn't like I was asking him to man up or take a big coverage responsibility.   Was very little read and react to his role which is what he struggles with mostly,      albeit it was a big task for him at this point in his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Was well aware,   but I needed his athleticism.   His only responsibility was to hold a short zone coverage and spy Lamar,      wasn't like I was asking him to man up or take a big coverage responsibility.   Was very little read and react to his role which is what he struggles with mostly,      albeit it was a big task for him at this point in his career.

Noted. No worries. It's mainly my mania about snap counts this season. 

I am obsessed with it for my own roster which is why you will see weekly changes.

For the % in your roster lineup do you just take the 500% for the 5 non QB/OL roles and dole it out between the skill players. 

That's how I think I would do it but just wanted to make sure.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

For the % in your roster lineup do you just take the 500% for the 5 non QB/OL roles and dole it out between the skill players. 

That's how I think I would do it but just wanted to make sure.

Pretty much,  that’s the easiest way.   I had in my plan I was running 80% 2 TE sets, with Kelce split wide.   I had him at 80%, and Sheppard replacing him with 20%.   

Most of the other ones were pretty much player/player swaps to keep them fresh. 

Lockett(90)/Agholor(10)

Samuel(70)/Ford(30)

Brate/Everett 50/50 split.  

Defense was a little different, CB and DL matchup the same.. but part of LB Williamson’s percentage would get cancelled out with K’von Wallace in sub packages,   Which is why the DB and LB percentages wouldn’t add up. 

I’ll leave the detail in my next game plan,  it should explain it a little more.  Just didn’t know how much people would want to read, so I cut it out.  

Kinda similar to setting a rotation in NB2K I guess?

• Like 1