GDT: Titans (5-2) at Bears (5-3)

Mesa_Titan

This game was like watching a couple slow paced almost boring/bad episode of your favorite show. 
Didn't really push the plot forward a lot. Introduced some new characters with slightly interesting back stories, but your not attached to them yet. 
You watch tho because it's your favorite show, but it was almost like a chore to watch. lol

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This game was like watching a couple slow paced almost boring/bad episode of your favorite show. 
Didn't really push the plot forward a lot. Introduced some new characters with slightly interesting back stories, but your not attached to them yet. 
You watch tho because it's your favorite show, but it was almost like a chore to watch. lol

After the last few weeks. I enjoyed watching the D today.

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

After the last few weeks. I enjoyed watching the D today.

Yeah. Take anything you can get. But have to keep in mind it was against a terrible offense. 
But they did what they should have been doing all year. 

Borders should have been in all year over Joseph. He wasn't spectacular but he was solid.  

Good win, necessary win. 

We're clearly still far away from playing our best ball. With the O really cooling down and the D playing so bad before today, I think (at least for me) excitement around this season got hard to keep up. But trying to remember that this is indeed a marathon and we're just at the halfway point. We just gotta keep going to work and doing our thing. The rest will take care of itself.

I do think Art needs to get this passing O back on track. I know our pass blocking took a big hit w/ Lewan out, but that doesn't mean we need to throw the baby out with the bath water. We're lacking that explosion from the first few weeks of the season. But with the cold weather coming...I think we are well suited to transition into the bully ball we really want to play.

Teams are playing well against Henry. they're wrapping him up and our run blocking hasn't been great. Gotta just keep chipping away tho. Bit by bit. that's our M-O.

I saw a lot of comments early on about drops. I don't think there were as many "drops" as what it was being made out to be.

A drop and a receiver not making a contested catch that could be made are not the same thing. We've gotten to used to our guys making a lot of these tight coverage catches every single time. That doesn't happen for most teams.

Some of those being labeled drops had the defender get a hand inside on the receiver or making a hit on the receiver. 

Some of those were also on Tannehill. The one slant to Firkser was a first down if he puts it out in front of him. Instead he threw it behind him, which is very uncharacteristic of him, and that poor ball placement led to the defender being in a position to break up the pass.

The Corey Davis jump and letting it bounce out of his belly was definitely a drop.

Tannehill's accuracy was uncharacteristically bad early in this game. He seems to do that when he rushes things which is why I think it's not a coincidence that this all started as Lewan went down and he has less time or fewer options because of the help being dedicated to that left side. He did settle down some as the game went on and had a couple big time throws. He also didn't make any costly mistakes.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Lol I love this analogy. It's how I feel watching the Walking Dead most episodes. Sometimes I wonder why am I watching this show but I've seen every episode and dang it will see it through.

Seriously though solid win today. Nice to see 3rd down stops but oh man is the Bears offense bad plus good today we took advantage of back up lineman. Next week though we got to take on a very good o line.

Pros to me from this game:

Allen did a great job punting and Overton was snapping well. Also Allen and Gostkowski obviously have the past for the holding.

Secondary was better without Joseph.

Simmons and Jones were great, Landry and Roberson looked solid starting.

Tairt was solid imo would like to see him more.

King decent debut awesome fumble return TD.

The offense today was hit and miss. Tannehill to Brown is usually a beautiful connection. Brown is the receiver we have waited so long for.

Henry was mostly bottled up but I think once the score got further apart they were maintaining him.

Davis had some bad drops today.

Tannehill had some more shaky throws.

The offensive line allowed too much pressure today. We cannot afford to lose Saffold.

Nice to see Jonnu Smith get more involved at the end. I don't get why we take him off the field so often on third down.

Sambrailo and Kelly are doing fine as the bookend tackles but you can tell Lewan is very missed.

Edited by Titan89

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I saw a lot of comments early on about drops. I don't think there were as many "drops" as what it was being made out to be.

A drop and a receiver not making a contested catch that could be made are not the same thing. We've gotten to used to our guys making a lot of these tight coverage catches every single time. That doesn't happen for most teams.

Some of those being labeled drops had the defender get a hand inside on the receiver or making a hit on the receiver. 

Some of those were also on Tannehill. The one slant to Firkser was a first down if he puts it out in front of him. Instead he threw it behind him, which is very uncharacteristic of him, and that poor ball placement led to the defender being in a position to break up the pass.

The Corey Davis jump and letting it bounce out of his belly was definitely a drop.

Tannehill's accuracy was uncharacteristically bad early in this game. He seems to do that when he rushes things which is why I think it's not a coincidence that this all started as Lewan went down and he has less time or fewer options because of the help being dedicated to that left side. He did settle down some as the game went on and had a couple big time throws. He also didn't make any costly mistakes.

Tanny def hasn’t been the same since Lewan went down. All completely understandable 

but if we are going to have a successful season (division title, playoff run), he’s going to have to step up and play better. The whole O will. We need to learn how to play and score points without Lewan. He’s a great player and plays a super important position. But we have to find a way. Because right now our O isn’t as close to as scary as it potentially could’ve been. 

frankly. This is what we are paying tannehill to do. He’s getting serious money and needs to do his part to overcome this loss as everyone else on O does