Titans release LB Vic Beasley

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would gladly take him back on the Falcons at a much lower price than he got from us last year lol.  The only problem i had with him is how much he was making against the cap for what production he was giving.   Still though 5 to 10 sacks a year on a rotational pass rush piece or even a rare drop back in coverage dude is worth having on a team.  Say if he was making 3 to 4 mil at most i don't see how a team wouldn't benefit from having him as depth and a pass rush only guy. 

He has no heart.

17 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Clowney is getting pressures and gets attention from opposing OLs, the hope is that as we replace two disastrous corners with two solid to good corners, the coverage will hold up a bit better and turn some pressures into sacks.

Beasley is constantly left on an island on the edge and is one of the most useless players I’ve ever seen.

Clowney is probably a disappointment for the price, Beasley would be a disappointment if he had been a UDFA.

We warned you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, scar988 said:

He has no heart.

No heart but was still better than the 2 guys we have playing for us this year which is pretty dang sad.  Vic has out performed both of them over their 1st 4 to 5 years in the league.   Beasley at 1.8 to 2 mil which i think is what he is left owed.  Could still get you 3 to 5 sacks which is more than what the 2 guys we have now have given :(

11 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Boy, those recent Clemson high draft pick ends have been nothing short of brutal:

Gaines Adams

Vic Beasley

Da'Quan Bowers

Clelin Ferrell

Shaq Lawson

Kevin Dodd

Phillip Merling 

Do their DT's do any better than their DE's in the nfl?  Grady has been phenomenal so far one of the best in the league.   How has  Wilkins and Lawrence from last year done so far and Watkins + Reader from years before.   Or is Grady so far the only really good one from the bunch of all the Clemson D-line the last few years XD     I will say though Beasley atleast led the nfl in sacks and made the pro bowl 1 year so he wasn't completely trash. 

I remember watching a special on Aaron Rodgers. A head scout of an NFL team was asked "how did so many people miss on Aaron Rodgers?" He answered, "In spite of all of our technology and resources to determine player success, we have yet to figure out how to predict drive." I know a few professional analytics/performance experts, and they've made it very clear to me that the different between an average and great player if very often minimal in regard to athletic ability. It more often than not comes down to work ethic, conditioning, and the ability to learn. And that is especially true of young players that get injured. Many of these players have never truly faced professional adversity. They were the best in middle school, high school, and college. Then they show up to the NFL and they are talented but everyone is talented...and when an injury strikes, so struggle significantly with overcoming the mental block and insecurity of no longer biggest the "big man" that was caused by the injury. And injuries happen...and it is often incredibly difficult to know how young players will deal with it until it does.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

No heart but was still better than the 2 guys we have playing for us this year which is pretty dang sad.  Vic has out performed both of them over their 1st 4 to 5 years in the league.   Beasley at 1.8 to 2 mil which i think is what he is left owed.  Could still get you 3 to 5 sacks which is more than what the 2 guys we have now have given :(

Naw, man. He's not better than Takk or Fowler. Otherwise, they would have at least talked with his agent about it. They didn't. They didn't even reach out about Vic coming back.

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I remember watching a special on Aaron Rodgers. A head scout of an NFL team was asked "how did so many people miss on Aaron Rodgers?" He answered, "In spite of all of our technology and resources to determine player success, we have yet to figure out how to predict drive." I know a few professional analytics/performance experts, and they've made it very clear to me that the different between an average and great player if very often minimal in regard to athletic ability. It more often than not comes down to work ethic, conditioning, and the ability to learn. And that is especially true of young players that get injured. Many of these players have never truly faced professional adversity. They were the best in middle school, high school, and college. Then they show up to the NFL and they are talented but everyone is talented...and when an injury strikes, so struggle significantly with overcoming the mental block and insecurity of no longer biggest the "big man" that was caused by the injury. And injuries happen...and it is often incredibly difficult to know how young players will deal with it until it does.

Vic completely changed once he injured his hamstring in 2017. I will say that.

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Many of these players have never truly faced professional adversity. They were the best in middle school, high school, and college. Then they show up to the NFL and they are talented but everyone is talented...and when an injury strikes, so struggle significantly with overcoming the mental block and insecurity of no longer biggest the "big man" that was caused by the injury. And injuries happen...and it is often incredibly difficult to know how young players will deal with it until it does.

This is perhaps the truest thing I've read on this site, and I once read 2 + 2 = 4.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 10:59 AM, scar988 said:

Naw, man. He's not better than Takk or Fowler. Otherwise, they would have at least talked with his agent about it. They didn't. They didn't even reach out about Vic coming back.

Vic completely changed once he injured his hamstring in 2017. I will say that.

Injuries can take a toll on the player, and fans/media never really know how bad the injury total is for a player.   What was his reason for reporting late, was it injury related?

20 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Injuries can take a toll on the player, and fans/media never really know how bad the injury total is for a player.   What was his reason for reporting late, was it injury related?

Rumor was he didn’t report because he was out of shape. 

Just now, Pugger said:

I don't think it a lack of effort with a lot of the Packers players.  IMO it is a lack of talent especially  on the DL and WR outside of Adams.

I was referring to the defense only (the offense is ok).  There isn't much talent on the IDL outside of Clark, but there is more than enough everywhere else.  I think coaching is a huge part of the issue, though.  The scheme is trash and the players know it which makes it tough for them to keep the intensity up.  

• Like 1