Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My quote was spot on. He put it together here.

I don't see many thinking he was battling Doss for a roster spot. Consensus seems to be he was a good 3-4th option in the offense. 

One person said he was the 3rd best WR on the roster before the draft. Three people said he wouldn't even make the team. Three people called him a WR 4-5, 4, and 4-6. One person said we just have to wait and see. And one person clowned him and said he sucks. 

So how was the consensus that he was a good 3/4 option? When literally only one person said he was our 3rd best WR before the draft? You do know what consensus means, right? 

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One person said he was the 3rd best WR on the roster before the draft. Three people said he wouldn't even make the team. Three people called him a WR 4-5, 4, and 4-6. One person said we just have to wait and see. And one person clowned him and said he sucks. 

So how was the consensus that he was a good 3/4 option? When literally only one person said he was our 3rd best WR before the draft? You do know what consensus means, right? 

You said people were saying he was competing for a roster spot with Keelan Doss. Which was 100% not accurate. he was always going to make the roster. What he did when on it was anyone's guess.

You know what citing 9 posters is a very small sample size right? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One person said he was the third best WR on the roster pre-draft, everyone else said he was a decent WR 4-6 or not making the team.

And? 

Considering your apparent opinion of his tenure in Philadelphia and him likely busting here, making a roster at all and being productive enough to be WR3/4 would be a career year for him. 

You should've stopped a long time ago. Like, when you started crowing about what Snead did all the way back in 2015/16 as if it were at all relevant in 2021.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do you lack reading comprehension? 

Person 1 (you): Will likely be our 5th or 6th receiving option. 

And you're going to finish what I said, no? Or are we going to cherry pick? 

In case you forgot:

"He'll compete with the back end of our pass catchers, and if he returns to form/improves then we have a steal. At worst, he's a low end starter/high end rotational piece". 

Again, for the 100th time, nobody said we signed him to START. Everyone knew he would be competing for a spot. But he certainly had his fans. 

Edited by ronjon1990

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You said people were saying he was competing for a roster spot with Keelan Doss. Which was 100% not accurate. he was always going to make the roster. What he did when on it was anyone's guess.

He's not even citing them correctly. 

He's saying 3 of his cites didn't have him making the team, and that's not the case at all. 

I'm dumbfounded.

And 3/9 isn't 50% 😂

Edited by ronjon1990

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You should've stopped a long time ago. Like, when you started crowing about what Snead did all the way back in 2015/16 as if it were at all relevant in 2021.

How did I crown Snead? I said I could see him having a Nelly like comeback with us, lol. You're acting like I said he's an elite player.

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

And you're going to finish what I said, no? Or are we going to cherry pick? 

In case you forgot:

"He'll compete with the back end of our pass catchers, and if he returns to form/improves then we have a steal. At worst, he's a low end starter/high end rotational piece". 

Again, for the 100th time, nobody said we signed him to START. Everyone knew he would be competing for a spot. But he certainly had his fans. 

He wasn't signed to start (Williams and whoever we draft will be our top 2, with Renfrow as 3rd) and will likely be our 5th or 6th receiving option. 

WR 5/6 that was going to have a career year with us when his career best year was like 750 yards. Did you think Carr was going to pass for 6,000 yards?

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The consensus on Agholor wasn't high when he signed with us. Most viewed him as a backup at best. You were literally the only person in the entire thread that penciled him in as a starter. 

My entire point in all of this was that I don't view his departure as a big loss. We didn't draft Ruggs to be a decoy, he has to step into a bigger role. We also brought in Brown who offers a similar skill-set and has produced at a similar level at a fraction of the cost. 

I'm not counting on Willie Snead to be a super productive player but he's signing with the team under similar circumstances as Nelly. He has flashed in the past, is still in his prime, and was more or less an after thought in free agency. 

@ronjon1990 acts like it will be impossible to replace Agholor when he had 900 yards last season and over half of his production came in 4 games. Funny enough in the 4 games that Agholor had 5+ receptions (450/898 yards) we ended up losing. 

Edited by NYRaider

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Interesting

We were 1-6 in games where Agholor was targeted 5+ times and 7-2 in games where he was targeted less than 5 times, with that only win being the Jets game.

In the games Agholor was targeted 5+ times our offense averaged 23.8 ppg. And in the games he was targeted less than 5 times our offense averaged 29.6 ppg. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We were 1-6 in games where Agholor was targeted 5+ times and 7-2 in games where he was targeted less than 5 times, with that only win being the Jets game.

In the games Agholor was targeted 5+ times our offense averaged 23.8 ppg. And in the games he was targeted less than 5 times our offense averaged 29.6 ppg. 

Didn’t seem that lopsided in the game

Leads me to realize that a lot of his targets came from playing from behind.

Edited by Jeremy408

Yeah I don't think it's ludicrous that John Brown has a good year here. I think Renfrow may suffer from his presence a little bit. Which is fine. I think Renfrow is an A+ situational player, but rotating in players who are dangerous on 1st/2nd down in terms of speed could be really good.

Brown/Ruggs/Edwards off of play action would be excellent. Especially with Waller looming.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I don't think it's ludicrous that John Brown has a good year here. I think Renfrow may suffer from his presence a little bit. Which is fine. I think Renfrow is an A+ situational player, but rotating in players who are dangerous on 1st/2nd down in terms of speed could be really good.

Brown/Ruggs/Edwards off of play action would be excellent. Especially with Waller looming.

I just think it's pretty interesting that our offensive production and W/L are pretty closely correlated to Nelly's usage. In games that we relied on him heavily our offense wasn't nearly as productive and we were 1-6. In games that we didn't we averaged almost 7 more ppg and were 7-2.