Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

On 4/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

If the defense goes to the nickel or dime you run the ball with double TE. I thought this would be our base offense last year.

Call Jon.  Tell him to get his ish together.  We need more of this.

32 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Rewatched Good playing RT vs the Saints and he looked solid going against Cam Jordan for most of the game. I wouldn't be too worried if he has to hold the spot until a rookie is ready.

That's why I like Good, he can play either spot. We can truly draft the best prospect on the right side. 

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Rewatched Good playing RT vs the Saints and he looked solid going against Cam Jordan for most of the game. I wouldn't be too worried if he has to hold the spot until a rookie is ready.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

When Brandon Parker starts the season at RT this place is gonna lose it 

Based on Cable's recent comments on John Simpson I wouldn't be shocked if the starting OL is: 

Miller - Incognito - James - Simpson - Good

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

tackles are more expensive than guards. better to get a cost controlled RT than RG

Last year there were only 3 RT in the NFL with a $10M+ cap hit: Trent Brown ($21M), Mitchell Schwartz ($10.8M), Lane Johnson ($10.2M)

I was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts mentioned that a potential issue for Gruden could be one of the things that used to plague Reid. Reid's offenses used to get off to fast starts and then taper off at the end of the year because he revealed his entire playbook early on. 

In 2019 we started 6-4 and our offense averaged 22.5 ppg, we finished 1-5 and our offense averaged 14.6 ppg in those 6 games.

In 2020 we started 6-4 and our offense averaged 30.7 ppg, we finished 2-4 and our offense averaged 21.1 ppg in those 6 games. 

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Based on recent developments, I wouldn't mind the line looking like this:

Tom Cable did an interview about a week ago and he was praising John Simpson and said they have high expectations for him coming into year 2. He said the two starting OG spots are a 3 man battle between Simpson, Good, and Incognito.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, oakdb36 said:

Why did we replace him with Young after playing RT against the Chiefs and Falcons.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, NYRaider said:

I was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts mentioned that a potential issue for Gruden could be one of the things that used to plague Reid. Reid's offenses used to get off to fast starts and then taper off at the end of the year because he revealed his entire playbook early on. 

In 2019 we started 6-4 and our offense averaged 22.5 ppg, we finished 1-5 and our offense averaged 14.6 ppg in those 6 games.

In 2020 we started 6-4 and our offense averaged 30.7 ppg, we finished 2-4 and our offense averaged 21.1 ppg in those 6 games. 

We have also finished 3-5 every year since 2014 with the exception of 2016.  This happened to be a TO anomaly for us.  Only other year we where positive with TO differential is 2015 at +1.  This does not all fall on the defense either.  The defense has had 2 years where they were above average in takeaways (2015, 2016) and the offense has been above average 2 years (2016, 2019).  Both units have been below average otherwise.  As far as the drop in points I would think that some of the late season drop in points is partially from colder weather, defenses having more film on offenses, and games becoming more important.  I could be wrong but I think league wide you would see a drop in points.  I have not looked into it so I could be completely off here.