Why don't the fans run the NFL

NeptunePenguins

8 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I would do in season loans of players.

So say Chargers are out of the playoff race, dont have much to play for. They can then lend players to other teams for draft equity, for the duration of that season and post season. I think there is a technical term for that, that pawn shops do. But it is eluding me. 

Consignment? 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Take it from me, I once thought Vernon Gholston was a once in a lifetime, can't miss prospect. Yet, here we are.

Fans should be fans and executives should be executives.

You think that's bad? I once suggested that they should put a bunch of cannons loaded with footballs along the sidelines, and a HC has a controller.

On one play, HC hits the button... And boom, multi-ball!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

You might but you would give up too much.  It would have been nice to have Fuller but would you have given Houston higher than a 4th round pick for a half year rental?

Niners traded a third for emmanuel sanders last year and it got us to the superbowl.

Fuller is a better player, younger, and would have been a candidate to be re-signed. Not only that but he is a perfect pairing with rodgers. 

Let me rephrase this, would a superbowl ring be worth trading "higher than a (late) 4th" for? 

Kenny stills was also available, not sure if the packers also offered their late 4th round pick for him? 

As a niners fan, I am laughing at the packers FO incompetence. You all have done nothing to improve your team since last year. nothing. Youre lucky the niners have been so injured this year and teams like NO taking a step backwards, which is why I think you were foolish for not 'go for it' this season. 

26 minutes ago, N4L said:
2 hours ago, Pugger said:

You might but you would give up too much.  It would have been nice to have Fuller but would you have given Houston higher than a 4th round pick for a half year rental?

Niners traded a third for emmanuel sanders last year and it got us to the superbowl.

Fuller is a better player, younger, and would have been a candidate to be re-signed. Not only that but he is a perfect pairing with rodgers. 

I sort of agree with this - Will Fuller is only a "rental" if the Packers didn't sign him. Given his track record, a 2/$23mm deal this off-season (similar to what the Panthers gave to Robby Anderson, a comparable player to Fuller) would have been a fair amount to pay him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Let me rephrase this, would a superbowl ring be worth trading "higher than a (late) 4th" for? 

Kenny stills was also available, not sure if the packers also offered their late 4th round pick for him? 

As a niners fan, I am laughing at the packers FO incompetence. You all have done nothing to improve your team since last year. nothing. Youre lucky the niners have been so injured this year and teams like NO taking a step backwards, which is why I think you were foolish for not 'go for it' this season. 

Your overall point (Packers FO hasn't done enough to really go for it) is fair. At the very least, it's not an absurd statement. But just a couple things to clarify...

-Niners traded a third for Sanders. But Texans supposedly wanted a 2nd. I would've been fine with a 3rd. A 2nd for Fuller's talent would be fine too, except he literally misses like half the games he's eligible for. Much riskier proposition than a certified badass like Sanders. Furthermore, that great that he helped you get to the SB, but the Packers sure as hell don't have the defense you guys did last year. THAT'S what got you there.

-Superbowl RING? I mean, you're touting the Sanders trade (which is fine, it was a good one), but even that didn't get you a ring. 

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sauce Castillo said:
On 11/4/2020 at 2:06 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Because running a NFL Franchise is slightly harder then your yearly Fantasy Football League. 🍺

I would pay good money to see an average fan deal with NFL contracts and make trades.

NFL is like playing Madden,  didn't you know?