Why don't the fans run the NFL

NeptunePenguins

On 11/4/2020 at 3:11 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Take it from me, I once thought Vernon Gholston was a once in a lifetime, can't miss prospect. Yet, here we are.

Fans should be fans and executives should be executives.

Lol. Do you know how hard I fought for DHB (Hayward Bey) at the the time leading up to the draft? Arron Maybin was another one who I thought would be a pillar to any defense. Another one was the Nick Farley paired with Suh. I thought that was going to be a DANGEROUS combo. Dontario(sp?) Poe was another who I thought was going to be the next Ngata. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Dontario(sp?) Poe was another who I thought was going to be the next Ngata. 

I was on this boat. I also thought that Jake Locker was going to be the right handed Steve Young, and I cursed the Texans for passing on Prince Amukamara for JJ Watt...

So, yeah. Fans aren't the best barometer on this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kirill said:

Because you gotta know somebody to get the job. You get me in the office with an owner I'll leave with that GM job. I'm just not getting into that office.

No. No you're not. You - specifically, YOU - really don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

No. No you're not. You - specifically, YOU - really don't know what you're talking about.

Gotta love these millennials who think years of using the Franchise mode of Madden has equipped them with the necessary skills to run a NFL Team. 🤷‍♂️

God to be young and dumb again. Miss those days.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gotta love these millennials who think years of using the Franchise mode of Madden has equipped them with the necessary skills to run a NFL Team. 🤷‍♂️

God to be young and dumb again. Miss those days.

You probably had a less achy back, I hear being old and dumb is hard work. 😁

57 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Just because adam Gase is the 32nd ranked HC doesn’t mean youre the 33rd.  The worst HC/GM still is significantly more qualified than the average fan

The only exception to this rule might be Bill O'Brien, but he's currently not qualified for anything - given he's not employed by an NFL team.

You don't have to be very smart to know that you don't trade Hopkins for David freaking Johnson and a 2nd.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I was on this boat. I also thought that Jake Locker was going to be the right handed Steve Young, and I cursed the Texans for passing on Prince Amukamara for JJ Watt...

So, yeah. Fans aren't the best barometer on this.

That’s alright when the Packers switched to a 3-4 and took BJ Raji I was ecstatic then they traded up to grab their OLB (I assumed at least) and I thought for sure it was Everette Brown! Low and behold? It was Clay Matthews, definitely threw my remote at the TV screaming wtf are you doing. 😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

That’s alright when the Packers switched to a 3-4 and took BJ Raji I was ecstatic then they traded up to grab their OLB (I assumed at least) and I thought for sure it was Everette Brown! Low and behold? It was Clay Matthews, definitely threw my remote at the TV screaming wtf are you doing. 😂😂

Speaking of BJ Raji - I felt his college teammate Ron Brace was destined to be a star, I had visions of Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork.

That, um ...that didn't happen.

Edit: Holy moly, I just found out Brace died in 2016. Heart attack at 29. Wow, that's really sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Speaking of BJ Raji - I felt his college teammate Ron Brace was destined to be a star, I had visions of Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork.

That, um ...that didn't happen.

Lol speaking of Ron’s how about all of us that were enamored with Ron Dayne and just thought he was going to be the next best RB ... woo wee .... guess we know why fans should just stay fans 😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Lol speaking of Ron’s how about all of us that were enamored with Ron Dayne and just thought he was going to be the next best RB ... woo wee .... guess we know why fans should just stay fans 😂😂

Dude, do you remember Montee Ball!? He went to Denver back when Denver was the RB capital of the world!? I was SO wrong on that one.

Knowshon Moreno! He also bombed out in Denver! 

Man, I really don't know anything! 🤣

• Like 1

Argument:

Fans do run the league. Almost every team's owner was a fan of the franchise before they bought or inherited the team. Arthur Blank is the best example of this in ATlanta. He used to sit at games with my grandfather in the 70s while he was working in corporate America before he founded home depot.