Predict the Rest of the Season

RandyMossIsBoss

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Some fans just never predict upsets and would get their clocked clean if they bet on games. He made some horrid predictions there.

I mean... still waiting on your predictions. You have yet to actually add a prediction i the thread. You’re just criticizing everyone else’s guesses without actually providing some input for others to analyze. Also for hindsight bias to analyze and likely make a fool out of as it does us all.

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I went through every game back in spring or early summer after the draft and before any transactions, injuries, changes, etc were made after that and so far I'm 71-48 (.596%).  I'm pretty impressed because I'm usually terrible at this. 

Week 1: 10-6
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 9-6-1
Week 4: 10-5
Week 5: 6-9
Week 6: 11-3
Week 7: 6-8
Week 8: 8-6

Damn, 7-6 this week, so far.

Overall record: 78-54 (.590)

Week 1: 10-6
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 9-6-1
Week 4: 10-5
Week 5: 6-9
Week 6: 11-3
Week 7: 6-8
Week 8: 8-6
Week 9: 7-6 (MNF pending -- took Pats)

15 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I mean... still waiting on your predictions. You have yet to actually add a prediction i the thread. You’re just criticizing everyone else’s guesses without actually providing some input for others to analyze. Also for hindsight bias to analyze and likely make a fool out of as it does us all.

I was referring to the Joe guy who had 3 15-1 teams. The odds of that happening are like 0.2%.

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I was referring to the Joe guy who had 3 15-1 teams. The odds of that happening are like 0.2%.

Yeah I got that. And I don’t disagree with that point. It’s highly unlikely that something like that would ever happen.

However I’m just saying I would love your take here. I would do the same for your MVP thread.

When you supply your MVP rankings. I’m okay with people disagreeing, but give a take and then let’s compare in the end which take was closer to “the truth” as according to hindsight bias. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not even attempting to be dense or argumentative when I say, Im waiting on your take.

Because it’ll be incredibly week if/when all those teams don’t finish 15-1 as he predicts or if the Ravens drop a game or two and you provide an “I told you so”... because you didn’t actually provide your prediction of events. Perhaps you’re not the type that would grave dig or something, but maybe you are. If you are, at least we’re in this thing together.

Its like last year when I predicted Lamar would be in the MVP conversation (prior to the season), I was fully prepared for a particular Browns fan to grave dig that prediction, which was fine, because that guy also said Lamar would be out of the league by this season (something like that). Both predictions seemed quite extreme prior to last season, but only one seems ridiculous at this point... but it very well could’ve went the other way and I fully was expecting some pushback if it did.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Especially if we have an NFC East division winner with a 5-11 or 6-10 record. 

Would be even crazier if the NFC East team made the playoffs with such a record and then ended up winning the Super Bowl. I could easily see a team like the Giants pulling off the kind of feat.

• Like 1

I'm just predicting the rest of the Vikings season and Super Bowl.

@CHI-Playoff chances could hinge on this game. Its a toss up.

Vikings Win 16-10, 4-5

V. DAL-The Vikings are far from a perfect team but its hard to find a way the Cowboys win.

Vikings Win 34-20, 5-5

V. CAR-This game scares me. The Panthers aren't super talented but well coached and play thier ***** off. Can't wait to see how Zimmer does vs Teddy. 

Vikings Win 24-20, 6-5

V. JAC-There's no reason to not win this going away so the Vikings will probably squeak through.

Vikings Win 17-16, 7-5

@TB- As much as I want to beat Brady once before he retires I don't think it happens here. 

Bucs Win 38-31, 7-6

V. CHI. Should help being at home. ( The Vikings have been terrible at Soldier Field for a long time) I feel like the Vikings defense is less of a liability then the Bears offense

Vikings Win 20-13, 8-6

@NO- Saints look like the best team in the league and while I like the Vikings chances better then most in this game based on this year you have to go Saints. 

Saints Win 41-31, 8-7

@DET- Detroit looks like they quit on Patricia sunday. Would be shocked if the Vikings lost this one. 

Vikings Win 27-17, 9-7

Super Bowl Prediction Chiefs Over Saints, 31-17.

Edited by Beavis
Added SB Prediction
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beavis said:

I'm just predicting the rest of the Vikings season.

@CHI-Playoff chances could hinge on this game. Its a toss up.

Vikings Win 16-10, 4-5

V. DAL-The Vikings are far from a perfect team but its hard to find a way the Cowboys win.

Vikings Win 34-20, 5-5

V. CAR-This game scares me. The Panthers aren't super talented but well coached and play thier ***** off. Can't wait to see how Zimmer does vs Teddy. 

Vikings Win 24-20, 6-5

V. JAC-There's no reason to not win this going away so the Vikings will probably squeak through.

Vikings Win 17-16, 7-5

@TB- As much as I want to beat Brady once before he retires I don't think it happens here. 

Bucs Win 38-31, 7-6

V. CHI. Should help being at home. ( The Vikings have been terrible at Soldier Field for a long time) I feel like the Vikings defense is less of a liability then the Bears offense

Vikings Win 20-13, 8-6

@NO- Saints look like the best team in the league and while I like the Vikings chances better then most in this game based on this year you have to go Saints. 

Saints Win 41-31, 8-7

@DET- Detroit looks like they quit on Patricia sunday. Would be shocked if the Vikings lost this one. 

Vikings Win 27-17, 9-7

Shut up, fartknocker!  We want to make the playoffs!  :D

WfQ469F.jpg

Went through every game on the playoff predictor, here's what I see happening.

Late Mid-Season Predictions:

AFC:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 14-2

2. Kansas City Chiefs 13-3

3. Tennessee Titans 11-5

4. Buffalo Bills 11-5

5. Baltimore Ravens 11-5

6. Miami Dolphins 10-6

7. New England Patriots 9-7

Just Missed:

8. Las Vegas Raiders 9-7

9. Cleveland Browns 9-7

10. Indianapolis Colts 9-7

AFC is stacked.... gotta be a record 3 9-7 teams miss the playoffs in a conference. And woulda been four under a normal year.

NFC:

1. Green Bay Packers 13-3

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12-4

3. Seattle Seahawks 11-5

4. Philadelphia Eagles 7-8-1

5. New Orleans Saints 11-5

6. Arizona Cardinals 10-6

7. Los Angeles Rams 10-6

Playoff Matchups:

AFC:

Bye:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

(7) New England Patriots at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

(6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Tennessee Titans

(5) Baltimore Ravens at (4) Buffalo Bills

NFC:

Bye:

1. Green Bay Packers

(7) Los Angeles Rams at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(6) Arizona Cardinals at (3) Seattle Seahawks

(5) New Orleans Saints at (4) Philadelphia Eagles

Divisional Round:

AFC:

(6) Miami Dolphins at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

(4) Buffalo Bills at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

(5) New Orleans Saints at (1) Green Bay Packers

(3) Seattle Seahawks at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Conference Championship:

AFC:

(2) Kansas City Chiefs at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC:

(2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at (1) Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl:

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Like 1

There you go @diamondbull424 and in case you say I was a week late, I also have the Steelers as the #1 seed and Ravens as the #5 seed in my Pre-Season Prediction Thread as well. Took a lot of heat for putting Pittsburgh as the #1 seed.

I'm not too confident in the Pats as #7, but I like their remaining schedule, and it's a very well coached team. Making a gutsy call. This could easily be the Raiders or Colts though. Not too confident in the Browns.

Never did make another thread after that. Lol first post "Your predictions are trash. Pittsburgh is not winning the division."

Whiffed biggggg time on the Vikings. First time I picked the Packers not to win the division since 2009. I never bet against ARod. Really mad at myself for that one.

Might nail the Top 5 AFC seeds though in order.

Also took a ton of heat in that thread saying Smith would take over for Haskins by Mid-Season. Least 5 posters said Smith will never play another down again. Although I totally got their record wrong.

Edited by BayRaider

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There you go @diamondbull424 and in case you say I was a week late, I also have the Steelers as the #1 seed and Ravens as the #5 seed in my Pre-Season Prediction Thread as well. Took a lot of heat for putting Pittsburgh as the #1 seed.

I'm not too confident in the Pats as #7, but I like their remaining schedule, and it's a very well coached team. Making a gutsy call. This could easily be them Raiders or Colts though. Not too confident in the Browns.

Yup, I just saw... though its two weeks late. Not even the top rated professor on RateMyProfessor (if thats still a thing) would allow for such tardy work without a dock in your grade. 🤓

I don’t disagree with the Pats being able to make it. I thought that could come around, which is why I had them at 8-8. I also wanted to put the Pats in my playoff bracket and had them in there under my original write up at 9-7 and had them upsetting the Chiefs because it sounds like such a BB thing to do, but two things: 1) I just couldn’t see the Browns not making the playoffs with that elite rushing attack and the level Baker has been able to play at this season. 2) I equally felt super good about the Dolphins, felt like Brian Flores has proven his excellence as a HC and that if he was starting Tua there was a reason for it, that they must be ready to take off. So I felt like for the Pats to make it they would have to somehow sweep their division moving forward and get help from them losing other games. So ultimately I settled for the fact that even with a depleted roster BB pulled out a non-losing season as a consolation prize.

If I revamped things today, I’d probably have the Ravens going 12-4. Lose this upcoming game to the Titans, the sky is falling, we’re going to miss the playoffs, Lamar is trash, Lamar vs Drew Lock comparison thread is created... before the team finds its bearings and finishes on a 6 game win streak after upsetting the Steelers for momentum.

That said with how durable Calais Campbell has been throughout his career, I didn’t anticipate him going down. Has been a huge blow to our run and pass defense. Kind of embarrassing how much the front 7 has regressed without him in there. BWill also going down is not ideal, but I figured him and Jimmy Smith were good for missing a couple games on the year. And we’ve better insulated the run defense to protect against a loss of BWill with Jelly and Broderick Washington. I suppose I also didn’t anticipate Boyle going down, but I’m nervously optimistic that it will force Greg Roman to utilize more 11 personnel vs the terribly inefficient 22 personnel they’ve been forcing Lamar to run and throw out of. Teams have just crashed the edges and forced Lamar to have to run inside for 4-5 yard gains, which isn’t sustainable over the course of a season with your franchise QB. Now however, I think the offense could actually see a boost by spreading defenses out, giving Lamar more room to work with and more options to attack defenses that put a spy on him that draws a man away from coverage.

Though at this point I also wouldn’t be particularly surprised at this point if the NFL decides to shut the season down after week 15 to get the extra playoff game in. The Ravens just cancelled our home game to fans. Covid-19 is ramping up. The NFL has already approved an extra seed playoffs plan. I’m starting to get the feeling that we have a 16 team playoffs anyway. Which would be even more exciting as it could get that extra 9-7 team in there... well, not 9-7 but whatever the record would be, maybe 8-5 or something. If they go that route, I think the Pats could find a way to make it as the extra team.

Perhaps something like:
1. Chiefs
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Dolphins
5. Ravens
6. Browns
7. Bills
8. Pats

AFC makes history with two divisions to put 3 teams into the field. Not saying this will happen, but it would make for an exciting field. Either the Bills. I just like the idea of the 3 teams from two divisions concept. Would enhance the playoff excitement even more. Would love to see the Patriots vs the Chiefs with a healthy Cam. Steelers vs the Bills would be billboard. Colts and Browns would give an old school tough physical defense vs a tough and physical run game, strength against strength. Dolphins and Ravens with two young exciting QBs.

Though if I had to sub a team out, it’d probably be Raiders for Browns. They both would do similar things for me. Raiders-Steelers would be a great matchup as well. 

Well now....

AFC:

2. Kansas City Chiefs 14-2

3. Buffalo Bills 11-5

4. Tennessee TItans 10-6

5. Baltimore Ravens 12-4

6. Indianapolis Colts  10-6

7. LV Raiders 10-6

Just Missed:

8. Cleveland Browns 9-7

9. Miami Dolphins 9-7

10. New England Patriots 8-8

NFC:

1. Green Bay Packers 14-2

2. New Orleans Saints 14-2

3. Seattle Seahawks 12-4

5. LA Rams 11-5

6. Tampa Bay Bucs 11-5

7. Arizona Cardinals 9-7

Playoff Matchups:

AFC:

Bye:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

(7) Las Vegas Raiders at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

(6) Indianapolis Colts at (3) Buffalo Bills

(5) Baltimore Ravens at (4) Tennessee Titans

NFC:

Bye:

1. Green Bay Packers

(7) Arizona Cardinals at (2) New Orleans Saints

(6) Tampa Bay Bucs at (3) Seattle Seahawks

(5) LA Rams at (4) Philadelphia Eagles

Divisional Round:

AFC:

(5) Baltimore Ravens at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

(3) Buffalo Bills at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

(5) LA Rams at (1) Green Bay Packers

(3) Seattle Seahawks at (2) New Orleans Saints

Conference Championship:

AFC:

(2) Kansas City Chiefs at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC:

(2) New Orleans Saints at (1) Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl:

Kansas City Chiefs vs New Orleans Saints

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well now....

AFC:

2. Kansas City Chiefs 14-2

3. Buffalo Bills 11-5

4. Tennessee TItans 10-6

5. Baltimore Ravens 12-4

6. Indianapolis Colts  10-6

7. LV Raiders 10-6

Just Missed:

8. Cleveland Browns 9-7

9. Miami Dolphins 9-7

10. New England Patriots 8-8

NFC:

1. Green Bay Packers 14-2

2. New Orleans Saints 14-2

3. Seattle Seahawks 12-4

5. LA Rams 11-5

6. Tampa Bay Bucs 11-5

7. Arizona Cardinals 9-7

Playoff Matchups:

AFC:

Bye:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

(7) Las Vegas Raiders at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

(6) Indianapolis Colts at (3) Buffalo Bills

(5) Baltimore Ravens at (4) Tennessee Titans

NFC:

Bye:

1. Green Bay Packers

(7) Arizona Cardinals at (2) New Orleans Saints

(6) Tampa Bay Bucs at (3) Seattle Seahawks

(5) LA Rams at (4) Philadelphia Eagles

Divisional Round:

AFC:

(5) Baltimore Ravens at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

(3) Buffalo Bills at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

(5) LA Rams at (1) Green Bay Packers

(3) Seattle Seahawks at (2) New Orleans Saints

Conference Championship:

AFC:

(2) Kansas City Chiefs at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC:

(2) New Orleans Saints at (1) Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl:

Kansas City Chiefs vs New Orleans Saints

So Seattle's reward for winning the division is Tampa while the Rams punishment for being a wildcard is Philly? Sign me up