Predict the Rest of the Season

RandyMossIsBoss

11 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Mathematically speaking, you are correct. Practically speaking, you are out of your mind

It's very possible though that a 10-6 team misses, in an expanded playoff year, which is wild enough as it is

I've been saying it for weeks. Miami and Las Vegas are the teams that miss, and you have to really squint to see either one of them getting there

I posted that because there’s a scenario where Colts, Ravens and Dolphins all go 11-5 and the Colts miss out. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

NFC Playoff Picture is really shaping up and settling in. 

As for the wildcards it’s looking like the Rams or Seahawks at 5 and Bucs at 6 is almost a lock, with the Vikings, Cardinals, and Bears fighting for #7. My money would be on the Vikings. 

With how wild the AFC picture is I keep forgetting that there are still some really intriguing NFC races

You think the Vikes still? With 7 losses and Saints on the road left to play?

I know the Cards have a tough situation with the 49ers and Rams, but I like their team better than the Bears and their schedule better than the Vikes (and the Cards have a game up on both of them already)

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

With how wild the AFC picture is I keep forgetting that there are still some really intriguing NFC races

You think the Vikes still? With 7 losses and Saints on the road left to play?

I know the Cards have a tough situation with the 49ers and Rams, but I like their team better than the Bears and their schedule better than the Vikes (and the Cards have a game up on both of them already)

Vikings vs Bears - W

Vikings at Saints - W

Vikings at Lions - L

8-8

(can switch Saints and Lions if you want, but Vikings always play Saints super tough, and the Taysom Hill effect is dying)

Bears at Vikings - L

Bears at Jaguars - L

Bears vs Packers - W

7-9

(switch Jags and Packers if you want. I've been nearly perfect predicting individual Bear games this year though more than any other team, only got the Buc game wrong)

Cardinals vs Eagles - W

Cardinals vs 49ers - L

Cardinals at Rams - L

8-8

(switch Eagles and 49ers if you want. Eagles look good with Hurts. However, I don't think Cards sweep the Niners.)

Vikings have the tie breaker over both of these teams.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Vikings vs Bears - W

Vikings at Saints - W

Vikings at Lions - L

8-8

(can switch Saints and Lions if you want, but Vikings always play Saints super tough, and the Taysom Hill effect is dying)

Bears at Vikings - L

Bears at Jaguars - L

Bears vs Packers - W

7-9

(switch Jags and Packers if you want. I've been nearly perfect predicting individual Bear games this year though more than any other team, only got the Buc game wrong)

Cardinals vs Eagles - W

Cardinals vs 49ers - L

Cardinals at Rams - L

8-8

(switch Eagles and 49ers if you want. Eagles look good with Hurts. However, I don't think Cards sweep the Niners.)

Vikings have the tie breaker over both of these teams.

It's very much up in the air, and very much plausible.. I just think you need to squint a little hard and ask for a few more bounces to go the Vikes way than I do for the Cards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:15 PM, BayRaider said:

Went through every game on the playoff predictor, here's what I see happening.

Late Mid-Season Predictions:

AFC:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 14-2

2. Kansas City Chiefs 13-3

3. Tennessee Titans 11-5

4. Buffalo Bills 11-5

5. Baltimore Ravens 11-5

6. Miami Dolphins 10-6

7. New England Patriots 9-7

Just Missed:

8. Las Vegas Raiders 9-7

9. Cleveland Browns 9-7

10. Indianapolis Colts 9-7

AFC is stacked.... gotta be a record 3 9-7 teams miss the playoffs in a conference. And woulda been four under a normal year.

NFC:

1. Green Bay Packers 13-3

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12-4

3. Seattle Seahawks 11-5

4. Philadelphia Eagles 7-8-1

5. New Orleans Saints 11-5

6. Arizona Cardinals 10-6

7. Los Angeles Rams 10-6

Playoff Matchups:

AFC:

Bye:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

(7) New England Patriots at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

(6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Tennessee Titans

(5) Baltimore Ravens at (4) Buffalo Bills

NFC:

Bye:

1. Green Bay Packers

(7) Los Angeles Rams at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(6) Arizona Cardinals at (3) Seattle Seahawks

(5) New Orleans Saints at (4) Philadelphia Eagles

Divisional Round:

AFC:

(6) Miami Dolphins at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

(4) Buffalo Bills at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

(5) New Orleans Saints at (1) Green Bay Packers

(3) Seattle Seahawks at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Conference Championship:

AFC:

(2) Kansas City Chiefs at (1) Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC:

(2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at (1) Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl:

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Not too shabby for Mid-Season. Whiffed on the Steelers though, yikes did they fall apart or what. (Not the one who bumped this thread btw).

On 11/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, SBLIII said:

I suck at picking upsets so I had 2 14-2 teams in the NFC and 5 12-4 or better teams in the NFC.

I had the Steelers starting 12-0 however they faltered down the stretch and finished 13-3 behind the also 13-3 Kansas City Chiefs. The 13-3 Ravens were only able to secure the 3rd seed.

In the playoffs the Steelers and Chiefs faced off in the AFCCG while the Saints and Bucs played the NFCCG after the Saints went to Seattle and upset the Seahawks in the divisional round. Ultimately the Chiefs and Bucs played in the SB with the Bucs winning.

The only difference from my preseason pick was here Chiefs instead of Steelers in the SB. The reason is that I couldn't pick the Steelers to win at KC. I think they will need the #1 seed and the bye week to do it.

Not bad I would say.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:25 PM, Silver said:

Called it. Funny how no one on this site like to give credit or admit when they were wrong.

You overshot KC. Shame on you for underestimating Todd Bowels and that defense. 🤣