Jrue Holiday traded to Milwaukee

TitanSlim

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Every assumption made about this trade is built around the idea of Giannis signing an extension. If he doesn’t, it could be a franchise killer. 

...you think the Bucks deal all those 1sts and Donta if they didn't know/weren't in constant communication with Giannis through this all?

44 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

And he went 100 mode on defense. Thats a great sign. He's also still one of the best defenders in the league in the regular season. You're going full doom and gloom because the Rockets team is in shambles, don't take it out on us bro 

what do the rockets have to do anything with holiday?  come on man.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

lol im not sure what it has to do with the rockets but ok if you want to compare, just look at the numbers over at basketball reference. Harden is a better defender than Holiday, who has had a 112 defensive rating the last two seasons, putting his total rating in the negative

If you want to talk about playoff numbers, in Holidays last playoff performance, he had a defensive rating of 110, this past post season, Harden had a rating of 107.

Even ESPN's RPM has him below harden....

The Myth of Holiday being this top notch defender is just not true. He's above average. 

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Take a lap bud

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This post seems overly critical.  Bog is going to be asked to be the 4th option at best, and he's absolutely a better scorer and fit than either Bledsoe or Hill.  

Jrue Holiday is a significant upgrade over Bledsoe.  Not really sure how they lost any depth either.  Holiday and Bog will take all of Bledsoe and Hill's minutes.  The only player they lost that was playing any minutes in the playoffs was probably Donta Divencenzo.  

Those first round picks are all going to be in the 25-30 range for the next 5 years.  

This.  Bledsoe is 🗑 

7 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also, I never understood the Jrue to Boston talks. Many of the rumored deals involved Marcus Smart and while Jrue is obviously better than Smart, they'd be playing essentially the same role. Seemed like a kind of redundant move.

Naw, it was hayward and the 3 picks which is a better deal for new orleans imo,  but apparently they wanted a point guard 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Big disagree.

Bigggg

I aint saying i think they made these moves without talking to giannis, I think he stays in milwaukee, but i certainly think its possible they make these moves without assurances to keep him here. Why wouldn't you? All in on keeping the 2nd best player in the league is prolly the best strategy

Edited by Troy Brown

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I aint saying i think they made these moves without talking to giannis, I think he stays in milwaukee, but i certainly think its possible they make these moves without assurances to keep him here. Why wouldn't you? All in on keeping the 2nd best player in the league is prolly the best strategy

If they told him that he was out they aren't trading premium 1st round picks like that for a 31/32 year old PG. So yes, I think while talking to them about targets Giannis would like they checked the temp on the extension situation prior to commiting to something like this.