Jrue Holiday traded to Milwaukee

TitanSlim

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

This makes sense. Fill out the back of the bench with the smallest salaries possible to keep the MLE available.

I'd like to see them snag Cassius Winston with one of those picks.  There is enough defense around him to make up for his athletic limitations in MIL but he could be a very solid PG to run the offense for the second unit.  It will be a situation like this that would allow Cash to stay in the league.  

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

In no way, shape or form is Jrue Holiday a "slight" upgrade to Bledsoe. He's a massive upgrade. And those "1st round picks" are going to be in the last 5 picks of the draft for the next half decade. 

Enjoy your toxic locker room and ****ty rebuild.

I'll just take a clue from bucks on how to survive my team sucking for a decade. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Why are these moves getting downplayed? Is it because Jrue and Bogan are stars and not superstars? I have heard people compare this to Clevelands frantic trading in attempts to keep Lebron around the first time (The Antwan Jamison trade). Maybe hindsight is 20/20 but I dont see the comparison. 

I wouldnt even call Bogdanovic a star. He is a very solid role player, but on a horrible Kings team he was averaging just 15 a game. Hes  a 27 year who has been playing professional ball for a long time, there isnt a ton of room for growth, he is what he is. Now i like him as a player, hes a good solid starter, he can shoot the ball really well, but hes an average defender at best. I like the trade, depending on how much his contract is worth, but I don't think he moves the needle for the team. 

I am torn on Jrue Holiday. Three 1st round picks for the guy seems insane, plus bledsoe and Hill for him. The bucks are better with Holiday, but sacrificed some depth to get there. Holiday is an average shooter and above average defender. 

I like the moves, they compliment Giannis and Middleton, but if Giannis still leaves, they are not guys that can step in and keep the team afloat. 

54 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I wouldnt even call Bogdanovic a star. He is a very solid role player, but on a horrible Kings team he was averaging just 15 a game. Hes  a 27 year who has been playing professional ball for a long time, there isnt a ton of room for growth, he is what he is. Now i like him as a player, hes a good solid starter, he can shoot the ball really well, but hes an average defender at best. I like the trade, depending on how much his contract is worth, but I don't think he moves the needle for the team. 

I am torn on Jrue Holiday. Three 1st round picks for the guy seems insane, plus bledsoe and Hill for him. The bucks are better with Holiday, but sacrificed some depth to get there. Holiday is an average shooter and above average defender. 

I like the moves, they compliment Giannis and Middleton, but if Giannis still leaves, they are not guys that can step in and keep the team afloat. 

This post seems overly critical.  Bog is going to be asked to be the 4th option at best, and he's absolutely a better scorer and fit than either Bledsoe or Hill.  

Jrue Holiday is a significant upgrade over Bledsoe.  Not really sure how they lost any depth either.  Holiday and Bog will take all of Bledsoe and Hill's minutes.  The only player they lost that was playing any minutes in the playoffs was probably Donta Divencenzo.  

Those first round picks are all going to be in the 25-30 range for the next 5 years.  

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This post seems overly critical.  Bog is going to be asked to be the 4th option at best, and he's absolutely a better scorer and fit than either Bledsoe or Hill.  

Jrue Holiday is a significant upgrade over Bledsoe.  Not really sure how they lost any depth either.  Holiday and Bog will take all of Bledsoe and Hill's minutes.  The only player they lost that was playing any minutes in the playoffs was probably Donta Divencenzo.  

Those first round picks are all going to be in the 25-30 range for the next 5 years.  

Every assumption made about this trade is built around the idea of Giannis signing an extension. If he doesn’t, it could be a franchise killer. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

AN above average defender. Bro. Have you ever watched Jrue Holiday play a game of basketball lmao. He's one of the best defensive players in the league, especially come playoff time.

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Every assumption made about this trade is built around the idea of Giannis signing an extension. If he doesn’t, it could be a franchise killer. 

Of course, but without this trade I'd say its like a 70% chance Giannis walks after the year. With this trade I think it plummets it to like 10%. They're pretty easily a top 4 team in the league.

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He's only played 12 playoff games in the last 8 seasons

And he went 100 mode on defense. Thats a great sign. He's also still one of the best defenders in the league in the regular season. You're going full doom and gloom because the Rockets team is in shambles, don't take it out on us bro 

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

And he went 100 mode on defense. Thats a great sign. He's also still one of the best defenders in the league in the regular season. You're going full doom and gloom because the Rockets team is in shambles, don't take it out on us bro 

lol im not sure what it has to do with the rockets but ok if you want to compare, just look at the numbers over at basketball reference. Harden is a better defender than Holiday, who has had a 112 defensive rating the last two seasons, putting his total rating in the negative

If you want to talk about playoff numbers, in Holidays last playoff performance, he had a defensive rating of 110, this past post season, Harden had a rating of 107.

Even ESPN's RPM has him below harden....

The Myth of Holiday being this top notch defender is just not true. He's above average. 

Edited by Pastor Dillon

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

lol im not sure what it has to do with the rockets but ok if you want to compare, just look at the numbers over at basketball reference. Harden is a better defender than Holiday, who has had a 112 defensive rating the last two seasons, putting his total rating in the negative

If you want to talk about playoff numbers, in Holidays last playoff performance, he had a defensive rating of 110, this past post season, Harden had a rating of 107.

The Myth of Holiday being this top notch defender is just not true. He's above average. 

Oh honey. Imagine never watching a guy play and just using flawed defensive rating stats.

Anyone with a set of eyes and some basketball IQ knows Jrue is one of the better defenders in the league. 

48 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Giannis leaving would also be a franchise killer. Sure, now having no picks would make the rebuild that much harder if he walks and is not even traded, but either way your window is closed. Go all in while you have him, show him you’re committed to win now.

Not easy for these small markets out here.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

RPM also has him as a more impactful player than Butler, Kyrie, Bam, AD, etc. and has been a top 10 player 2/3 seasons. Take the good with the bad.