Jrue Holiday traded to Milwaukee

TitanSlim

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So big market teams get to have their cake and eat it too? Come on now.

Is tampering actually the issue?  Seems more like Bogs never agreed to a contract, kind of important box to check when executing a sign and trade.  I hope he ends up there personally, would be nice to the freak get a real chance 

39 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Is tampering actually the issue?  Seems more like Bogs never agreed to a contract, kind of important box to check when executing a sign and trade.  I hope he ends up there personally, would be nice to the freak get a real chance 

Do you really think that's the case? You think this would get out without anyone (Sacramento, Milwaukee, or the NBA reporters) confirming a single thing with Bogdanovic's team?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Everyone in Milwaukee's front office should be fired for ineptitude if this is the case.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Do you really think that's the case? You think this would get out without anyone (Sacramento, Milwaukee, or the NBA reporters) confirming a single thing with Bogdanovic's team?

Yeah, there’s pretty much only two options here. It’s either just a charade to avoid tampering charges or it leaked, and then Bogdan found out he could make significantly more money elsewhere.

The idea that the two teams came to terms on a sign and trade and let it leak without ever getting approval from the player who has to agree to both the the team and the contract just seems real implausible.

33 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, given Sacramento's usual disarray, it wouldn't surprise me.  I mean, is it not conceivable that Sacramento thought they could "bluff" Bogie into accepting a S&T from Milwaukee?  If Bogie didn't want to return to the Kings, what's stopping the Kings from threatening to match any offer?  Or he could agree to be S&T to Milwaukee.  The Kings are dysfunctional.  I wouldn't put it past them.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, given Sacramento's usual disarray, it wouldn't surprise me.  I mean, is it not conceivable that Sacramento thought they could "bluff" Bogie into accepting a S&T from Milwaukee?  If Bogie didn't want to return to the Kings, what's stopping the Kings from threatening to match any offer?  Or he could agree to be S&T to Milwaukee.  The Kings are dysfunctional.  I wouldn't put it past them.

So Milwaukee just ignored Bogdanovic completely?

Even if you want to assume everything you said about Sacramento is true, what about Milwaukee's side? Woj and Shams didn't talk to anyone on Bogdanovic's team? Lowe, Amick, Spears?

And again, let's assume you are right and Sacramento was trying to force Bogdanovic into a S&T to Milwaukee. What would have changed if not for other teams getting word and calling foul?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

So Milwaukee just ignored Bogdanovic completely?

Even if you want to assume everything you said about Sacramento is true, what about Milwaukee's side? Woj and Shams didn't talk to anyone on Bogdanovic's team? Lowe, Amick, Spears?

And again, let's assume you are right and Sacramento was trying to force Bogdanovic into a S&T to Milwaukee. What would have changed if not for other teams getting word and calling foul?

Milwaukee legally isn't allowed to Bogie.  Whether they did or not is another question.  Milwaukee probably called up Sacramento to discuss what a S&T would look like, and when they struck a deal (or were close), one of two things I think happened.  Either Sacramento felt emboldened and would use the threat of matching any offer on Bogie OR they (the Kings) reached out to Bogie to get his feelings on a S&T and got a general yes.  I don't think Woj or Shams talked to anyone on Bogie's team, but I haven't been following the situation overly closely.

As long as Milwaukee isn't the one approaching Bogie about a S&T, it's perfectly legal.  Sacramento has every right to talk to Bogie from my understanding of the CBA.