2021 Pro Bowl will be done via Madden 21

TXsteeler

19 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Madden Streams are so small as to be insignificant. As of this post, albeit at 7:30 AM central, it has 464 viewers. That's lower than games like EuroTruck Simulator 2, Farming Simulator 19, Cricket 2019, Majora's Mask, and Diablo 2. It's like 50 viewers higher than Call of Duty Mobile. Those numbers, even at it's peak, are not really high enough to justify time on the NFL network. The vast majority of people who will watch even a portion of this are people who have never watched a Madden stream before.

It was a lot higher than that in Covid months (especially with the gambling community). I was there. 

15 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Pretty much this. I’ve actually been to the pro bowl game before and it was fun. Got to see the players, participate with the festivities, and get autographs. But that was probably the last time I was watch the game in any capacity in about 10 years. 

One thing I'd actually be interested in? A Players v Legends Tournament, but in a different way:

- Players pick four "Champions" - which would be four of the top Madden players in the world (I think that's a thing, right?). Those players play in a tournament using a Madden team with 1st/2nd team All Pro players (Mahomes, McCaffrey, Donald, etc). Whoever comes out of that tournament is the official representative of the Players, using that team in the Championship game.

- Legends pick four "Champions" - everything would be same as above, but the team used is a team of HoF players (Rice, Young, LT, etc). Winner of that tournament becomes the official representative of the Legends, using that team in the Championship game.

- Final game is the All Pro team vs the Legends team, and the winner gets...I dunno, a million dollars or something. Make it big for the representative, and sprinkle in some trash talk from players and legends.

I think that would be cool - Jalen Ramsey covering Randy Moss, Reggie White vs Larmey Tunsil, Ronnie Lott in the box covering Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry hitting the hole with Ray Lewis in the gap - it's a video game, but I think I'd actually watch that and see how it played out.

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It was a lot higher than that in Covid months (especially with the gambling community). I was there. 

People are also forgetting or not realizing that Madden tournaments have actually been aired on ESPN2 before.

And this has 76,000 views on YouTube:

• Like 1

Talking a bit about it, it will depend on how much money they want to invest in it. There's a bunch of Madden streamers with pretty big followings, and if they can grab a bunch of the overal top streamers (shroud, Dr, etc) , they could have millions watching it. 

It won't come cheap, though. 

They need to turn the pro bowl into a giant fan fest.  Skills competitions for the players still, because those are always fun. Pros vs fans in somewhat evened out physical competitions like darts or bowling, etc.... Have contests so fans can square off against pros in Madden, make it a make a wish bonanza for sick kids, and there is likely a hundred other ideas that could be done.  Can't do it until covid is over obviously, but once it is, still have a massive online interactive part.  Do as much as possible to interact with as many fans as possible.  No one cares about the game, but it could be something special still.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You're old unfortunately. People will tune in. This might not have the following the 2K series has, or other video game streams, but there is a Madden following for video game streams. 

I'm definitely older.  I also frequent a bengals SN sight and someone posts a Madden simulator of our upcoming opponent and I'm like WTF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

One thing I'd actually be interested in? A Players v Legends Tournament, but in a different way:

- Players pick four "Champions" - which would be four of the top Madden players in the world (I think that's a thing, right?). Those players play in a tournament using a Madden team with 1st/2nd team All Pro players (Mahomes, McCaffrey, Donald, etc). Whoever comes out of that tournament is the official representative of the Players, using that team in the Championship game.

- Legends pick four "Champions" - everything would be same as above, but the team used is a team of HoF players (Rice, Young, LT, etc). Winner of that tournament becomes the official representative of the Legends, using that team in the Championship game.

- Final game is the All Pro team vs the Legends team, and the winner gets...I dunno, a million dollars or something. Make it big for the representative, and sprinkle in some trash talk from players and legends.

I think that would be cool - Jalen Ramsey covering Randy Moss, Reggie White vs Larmey Tunsil, Ronnie Lott in the box covering Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry hitting the hole with Ray Lewis in the gap - it's a video game, but I think I'd actually watch that and see how it played out.

This sounds like the most over produced and add filled Madden Tournament of all time. Count me out.