2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

I have a baseless hunch that, because of how poorly kept a secret the Meyer stuff has been, we'll wait until someone else announces before making our hire official. Khan will try to avoid the narrative that we were just interviewing other candidates to satisfy the Rooney rule/make it look like a more competitive spot than it actually is.

Don't think teams making big name/high profile hires are really gonna worry about that sort of blowback. Nobody's gonna pretend if the Jags hire Meyer that it wasn't plan from the start. 

To the extent a story like that could end up percolating I think it'll happen if Bienemy doesn't get a job and a guy with a relatively thin resume like Joe Brady does. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Selah and LaFluer - be still my beating heart, please let this happen for Houston. We've been through so much here with the BoB regime, we deserve good things.

(LaFluer would probably get HC interviews after a year with Watson as his QB in his Shanny/Kubiak style offense).

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm putting the Jags/Urban Meyer up as the prohibitive favorite.

Only one that might overtake it is Robert Selah to Detroit.

Would Atlanta stripping Raheem Morris of the interim title count?

Possibility, but very unlikely.

Just now, Xenos said:

Maybe secretly he will actually be our next GM? Who was it that was touting his drafting input for the Cowboys @Matts4313?

I am assumed if I am getting tagged by a SD fan, this is about Garrett. Contrary to popular belief, he was loved by the entire organization. Top to bottom. Jerry to the waterboy. And he wasnt terrible, he was just super super average. If your team sucked, he would lift it. If your team was awesome he would sink it. But finding talent in the draft and teaching them how to play football was never, ever his issue. He could find talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Selah and LaFluer - be still my beating heart, please let this happen for Houston. We've been through so much here with the BoB regime, we deserve good things.

(LaFluer would probably get HC interviews after a year with Watson as his QB in his Shanny/Kubiak style offense).

Can Atlanta just keep Raheem and have McDaniel?

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am assumed if I am getting tagged by a SD fan, this is about Garrett. Contrary to popular belief, he was loved by the entire organization. Top to bottom. Jerry to the waterboy. And he wasnt terrible, he was just super super average. If your team sucked, he would lift it. If your team was awesome he would sink it. But finding talent in the draft and teaching them how to play football was never, ever his issue. He could find talent.

He sounds like Lynn because of how beloved he was by the team and FO. Also super average. Maybe they’re checking every corner. Though it feels like Garrett would be better in a FO role versus coaching.

22 minutes ago, Xenos said:

He sounds like Lynn because of how beloved he was by the team and FO. Also super average. Maybe they’re checking every corner. Though it feels like Garrett would be better in a FO role versus coaching.

Literally 100% of Cowboys fans wanted him to be our GM. 

• Like 1