2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

31 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Dean should sit this one out. Telesco should be running the hiring process. 

It depends on how much input you think Telesco had on the McCoy and Lynn hiring. My understanding was that McCoy was TT’s, while Lynn was more John’s choice.

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah. I think the Falcons were good for a long time. Just the worst thing ever happened and mentally it killed them

Historically they are the most roller coastery team, Dan Quinn regime really took it to a new level though.

Chargers also have had a lot of good teams and talent for the past two decades, but never seem to make it matter all that much in the postseason.

The other ones never seem to find success, Texans and Lions have been stuck in that middle tier forever.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

According to Trotter, Dean is getting directly involved now compared to leaving it to John and Telesco last time with Lynn.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/1346203942737203201

That doesn't particularly inspire confidence.  Dean's made it clear he prioritizing one thing above all: Money.  I'll have to reach out to Roggin and see if he has any insight.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

It depends on how much input you think Telesco had on the McCoy and Lynn hiring. My understanding was that McCoy was TT’s, while Lynn was more John’s choice.

McCoy, by what I've been told by Roggin and Annie, was the point-man in picking McCoy, but ownership heavily leaned on TT to bring in a HC that was going to retain members of the coaching "family" that they weren't keen on seeing go: Pagano, Ollie Wilson, Joe Barry.

On paper the LA job looks appealing.  I do wonder what the structure would be with any candidate being able to name his entire staff?  It is not a given for every organization.

Also, Lynn was a first time HC.  The HC before Lynn was Mike McCoy, I believe.  They may prefer a candidate with HC experience as oppossed to the next hot coordinator.

McCoy, by what I've been told by Roggin and Annie, was the point-man in picking McCoy,

Yeah, Lombardi talked about this on his podcast the other day. Apparently, McCoy blew them away in the interview and they cancelled their interview with Arians (that was a mistake in hindsight), and then offered McCoy the job.

Also, Lynn was a first time HC.  The HC before Lynn was Mike McCoy, I believe.  They may prefer a candidate with HC experience as oppossed to the next hot coordinato

You know this might get some laughs, but I could actually see them going after Jim Caldwell. 

Edited by game3525