Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

Recommended Posts

The Tigers traded Justin Uptpn to the Angels Thursday, and one minute before he deadline traded Justin Verlander to the Astros. 

 

How is do you guys feel about those moves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upton was likely going to opt out at the end of the year so it was nice getting something for him before he walks. 

It will be tough to see Verlander in another jersey, but it was a necessary step in the rebuild.

Hopefully we can trade Kinsler and possibly Miggy in the winter to keep rebuilding our farm system. Couple that with what will likely be 3-4 straight seasons of high draft picks, and hopefully wise FA spending we should be looking good to compete again in 2021-2022. 

Or they could throw 200 mil+ contracts at Darvish/Arrieta/JD/Cutch to try and compete next year. You never know with the tigers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks losing JVm but at the same time I'm very happy that he gets to chase that WS dream with a young stud laden team like Houston.  I have no feelings towards Upton.  Glad his money is off the books for sure.  Am happy to see the kids in the pipeline like Cany, Steward and Gerber now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate seeing JV go.  At least we got something for him, I am sort of shocked that Houston is willing to pay as much as they are.  I knew that contract was going to bite us when he signed it, and it sucks that it led to having to move him.  I thought he could be one of the few to start and finish with the same organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay with going full rebuild and trading away out older players. I just don't like what we got back for these players. If you want to rebuild, get something back to build around. 

 

Sucks that Sheldon Richardson was traded to Seattle. I would have liked to seen him here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tigers are cleaning house. I'm not to knowledgeable about the prospects they've received but it doesn't seem like enough.

Edited by diehardlionfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Tigers are cleaning house. I'm not to knowledgeable about the prospects they've received but it doesn't seem like enough.

Because it's not. I understand JV is getting up in age and not the ace he once was. Then get one great player to build with instead of 3 ho-hum ones. If the team wants to rebuild, get a player or two back in these deals you can build around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the Arizona forums to read their gameday thread. Made me feel better about the activity of this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Went to the Arizona forums to read their gameday thread. Made me feel better about the activity of this forum.

Some forums have no activity at all. We seem to be middle of the pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 9:43 PM, TimeForChange said:

We have a new Webby right? This guy is more active and involved. I do miss old Webby though.

Don't be too sad. It's the same guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent
 

 

 

Should we at least ask and see what Pitt wants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent
 

 

 

Should we at least ask and see what Pitt wants?

I think WR is the least of our concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×