Sign in to follow this  
X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40    9

The Tigers traded Justin Uptpn to the Angels Thursday, and one minute before he deadline traded Justin Verlander to the Astros. 

How is do you guys feel about those moves? 

davisblack    0

Upton was likely going to opt out at the end of the year so it was nice getting something for him before he walks. 

It will be tough to see Verlander in another jersey, but it was a necessary step in the rebuild.

Hopefully we can trade Kinsler and possibly Miggy in the winter to keep rebuilding our farm system. Couple that with what will likely be 3-4 straight seasons of high draft picks, and hopefully wise FA spending we should be looking good to compete again in 2021-2022. 

Or they could throw 200 mil+ contracts at Darvish/Arrieta/JD/Cutch to try and compete next year. You never know with the tigers. 

ahoda    3

It sucks losing JVm but at the same time I'm very happy that he gets to chase that WS dream with a young stud laden team like Houston.  I have no feelings towards Upton.  Glad his money is off the books for sure.  Am happy to see the kids in the pipeline like Cany, Steward and Gerber now.

I hate seeing JV go.  At least we got something for him, I am sort of shocked that Houston is willing to pay as much as they are.  I knew that contract was going to bite us when he signed it, and it sucks that it led to having to move him.  I thought he could be one of the few to start and finish with the same organization. 

Louis Friend    10

I'm okay with going full rebuild and trading away out older players. I just don't like what we got back for these players. If you want to rebuild, get something back to build around. 

Sucks that Sheldon Richardson was traded to Seattle. I would have liked to seen him here. 

The Tigers are cleaning house. I'm not to knowledgeable about the prospects they've received but it doesn't seem like enough.

Edited by diehardlionfan

Louis Friend    10
9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Tigers are cleaning house. I'm not to knowledgeable about the prospects they've received but it doesn't seem like enough.

Because it's not. I understand JV is getting up in age and not the ace he once was. Then get one great player to build with instead of 3 ho-hum ones. If the team wants to rebuild, get a player or two back in these deals you can build around. 

Nnivolcm    7

Went to the Arizona forums to read their gameday thread. Made me feel better about the activity of this forum.

Louis Friend    10
11 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Went to the Arizona forums to read their gameday thread. Made me feel better about the activity of this forum.

Some forums have no activity at all. We seem to be middle of the pack. 

X_Factor_40    9
On 9/9/2017 at 9:43 PM, TimeForChange said:

We have a new Webby right? This guy is more active and involved. I do miss old Webby though.

Don't be too sad. It's the same guy.