The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

Well Big Ten showed their colors. While I do think NCAA gets it right in the end the Big Ten lacked enough for this. Even if they had enough they waited til Friday on holiday to do this which shows a lack of class as well.

UM was due ability to have court decide.

I am not condoning any of this by UM but I believe in letting the systems work as intended.

If NCAA and Big Ten wanted things to move faster then move faster investigating 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't have fond memories of the black jersey era but these would look nice with those blue helmets.  I do like these more than the grey's. 

Yeah - which is why I'm thinking that this is being floated to see what the reaction would be for a black one as our alternate (to pair with the blue helmets). Especially since you have to wear the alternate helmets with your alternate jerseys (unless you're the Bengals...). 

• 2 weeks later...

The Bye Bye Barry documentary really was good imo. Kinda makes ya realize a lot of us are jaded type fans who've been around since the early 80s. Just so much talent wasted. Letting guys walk in FA when the team was on cusp of something.

Probably part of reason I was so critical of Lions not taking next step this year. So far they've proven me wrong if they finish out strong.

But I blame my negative feelings on how they screwed up when Barry was here and they were right there on that edge of something special 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

The Bye Bye Barry documentary really was good imo. Kinda makes ya realize a lot of us are jaded type fans who've been around since the early 80s. Just so much talent wasted. Letting guys walk in FA when the team was on cusp of something.

Probably part of reason I was so critical of Lions not taking next step this year. So far they've proven me wrong if they finish out strong.

But I blame my negative feelings on how they screwed up when Barry was here and they were right there on that edge of something special 

It's very interesting. The younger fans really don't seem to have the same cynicism. We have an almost soviet mentality. We have seen the pogroms and the gulags. We have seen it all collapse. It can happen again.

Then you see Dan Campbell and ARSB and co and I think there is light.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It's very interesting. The younger fans really don't seem to have the same cynicism. We have an almost soviet mentality. We have seen the pogroms and the gulags. We have seen it all collapse. It can happen again.

Then you see Dan Campbell and ARSB and co and I think there is light.

Yes having started following them in 88 there has been some glimpses of hope and they are extinguished fast. Windows are small. Very small. Detroit has to capitalize. Things like NE are rare. And that collapse has been harsh. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...