The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Good riddance to both honestly. If Ben came back I wouldn't care but his play calling has been abysmal lately  

You'd think a fan of a team with such a rich history of abysmal coaches would learn what abysmal coaching looks like. I guess it's easier for some than others. 

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

You'd think a fan of a team with such a rich history of abysmal coaches would learn what abysmal coaching looks like. I guess it's easier for some than others. 

Scored 30 points twice against a divisional rival the past 3 weeks, also called the 2 pt conversion against Dallas, but yeah it's been abysmal.

18 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Couple players on this UW team I want to study tonight. Let’s Go blue!! 

Bralen trice is one that stood out to me in the little I watched.  I couldn't bring myself to watch the second half though.  

Side note, how long until its all vacated? 

41 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Bralen trice is one that stood out to me in the little I watched.  I couldn't bring myself to watch the second half though.  

Side note, how long until its all vacated? 

I didn’t notice him much, which was disappointing. 

It doesn’t get vacated. CFP is different from NCAA. 

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I didn’t notice him much, which was disappointing. 

It doesn’t get vacated. CFP is different from NCAA. 

Different than BCS too but that doesn't mean anything.  If there are no wins on the record book, nobody wins.  Just like nobody won the heisman when Bush did.  

I did notice Trice getting pressure and had a sack when I was watching.  He was eating up the LT but JJ got the ball out quickly. 

Marvin Harrison Jr declared for the draft.  Another sign the college athletes are not making nearly as much as they would miss out on being a 1st round pick.  The prospects are trying to create leverage which I understand and urge them to but they really don't have much.  I fully expect Caleb Williams and Maye to do the same here in the next few days. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Marvin Harrison Jr declared for the draft.  Another sign the college athletes are not making nearly as much as they would miss out on being a 1st round pick.  The prospects are trying to create leverage which I understand and urge them to but they really don't have much.  I fully expect Caleb Williams and Maye to do the same here in the next few days. 

NFL is king. Top picks will be rich. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

WRs can go almost anywhere and succeed.  QBs not so much. 

2 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

WRs can go almost anywhere and succeed.  QBs not so much. 

Meh, thats the leverage the college kids are trying to create but I think its more the player will fail if the player is in a bad situation.  Matt Stafford survived and got paid in Detroit.  Joe Burrow went to one of the bad organizations and is doing well for himself.  If you are good enough talent wise but not wins wise you can still get good money like Baker, Wentz, Jameis, Mariotta, Tannehill, etc.  But if you suck you suck no matter where you go.  But if you are projected in the 1st round in the NFL, you have to go because you will never recover the money you will make on your second contract.  If someone is afraid to take on a challenge and go to a bad team, they are not the kind of guy I want on my roster anyways and they are likely to fail because that mentality doesn't work in the NFL.  If he doesn't want to play for the Bears, force a trade like Eli did, but going back to school is just stupid.