Coaches, should they be replaced?

resilient part 2

I really don't think Marinelli is the problem. We haven't exactly helped him out with our roster. 

On offense every single one of our OL were 1st rounders, and I count Collins as 1. Our RB is a 1st rounder. Our #1 WR is a first rounder. What other offense in the league starts 7 first round picks!? Tell me again how Linehan has worked wonders for us these last 3 years. The only wonder is how we struggle to win games and score from 1st and goal with a juggernaut offense.

40 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I really don't think Marinelli is the problem. We haven't exactly helped him out with our roster. 

On offense every single one of our OL were 1st rounders, and I count Collins as 1. Our RB is a 1st rounder. Our #1 WR is a first rounder. What other offense in the league starts 7 first round picks!? Tell me again how Linehan has worked wonders for us these last 3 years. The only wonder is how we struggle to win games and score from 1st and goal with a juggernaut offense.

Agree Linehan is an issue. However we have spent a lot of resources defensively as well.

Taco and Byron were 1st round picks.

D-Law Awuzie were 2bd round picks.

Jaylon Smith is 1st round talent but the injury set him back. Jordan Lewis would have been a 1st to 2nd round pick if not for the legal issues.

Yes we have spent more on the offense but not like we haven't invested in the defense.

Our defensive players that left, seemed to be doing better.

I think it is our scheme that holds us back defensively.

It's not whether a coach is a problem or not there are variety of levels and degrees of a coach's ability.  using a layman term what if our coaches are nothing more than a C+. We always use the term BPA when concerning players perhaps if we had a higher level from the coaching staff which certainly should include JG who at best is a C+ in my opinion. why don't we hold coaches to similar standards. why can't we look to improve on the level of our coaching ability.

After today....

JG will return. Right or wrong, I just expect this until I see differently. 
Complete overhaul of offensive staff.  Too much regression across the board. 
Defensive staff will stick. Defense played well over last 5 games, Good building blocks in place. 

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

After today....

JG will return. Right or wrong, I just expect this until I see differently. 
Complete overhaul of offensive staff.  Too much regression across the board. 
Defensive staff will stick. Defense played well over last 5 games, Good building blocks in place. 

Please get rid of Wade Wilson. 

I've been saying our offense needs new coaches to fit our new talent for two years now. Linehan didn't just now all of a sudden become bad for us. He was bad for us last year too. We should have at least gone to the SB last year. We had the best roster in the NFC. The play calling was not in sync with our strengths though. And when the game is on the line, when Linehan gets in a pinch, he will do what he is comfortable with. What he spent his entire career honing.

His strengths are not our strengths. We need a coach that defaults to the power run and TOP. Not a coach that's dedicated his entire career to throwing the football.

It's like I have been saying until Jerry Jones can come to look @ this team with real reality we are stuck with these under performing coaches and players! Good for Jerry being loyal to his Team but it's the Cowboys fans that suffer in the end it's us who buy the tickets to games and we are the ones purchasing all the Cowboy clothing. If it wasn't for the fans filling the seats in Jerry world there wouldn't be a Dallas Cowboys so Jerry please step back and let your staff truly evaluate this team and stop sugar coating the performance of coaches and players so we may move forward and try and make it to the Super Bowl. Sure I know you have the right to stick your nose into the operation of this team because you pay the bills but please let your so called qualified staff make the decisions.

Quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson, wide receivers coach Derek Dooley, running backs coach Gary Brown, linebackers coach Matt Eberflus and secondary coach Joe Baker have expiring contracts. Tight-ends coach Steve Loney could retire 

This is where we are most likely going to see our coaching changes. More and more I hear Rod and Linehan are safe. 

For the regression the offense took this year and obviously the head scratching play calls at points during every game i believe Scott will be the sacrificial lamb. Honestly its time for some young blooded hungry OC that needs a chance. Tired of seeing the same 10 to 15 plays every game. The play fakes that no defense bites on and no vision to expand the calls. Time to act now while Dak can still adjust.

Archived