Raiders Draft Review

Chwf3rd25

8 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Taking into account

1) The negative impact COVID had on the offseason/training camp/preseason, and

2) The fact that rookie WRs don't usually grasp Gruden's offense until Year 2 at the earliest

I can understand if the strategy was to use Ruggs primarily as a decoy and/or deep threat this season and expect more from him next season once he's had a full season/OTAs/Training Camp/Preseason under his belt to get acclimated to Carr and the offense. If that wasn't the primary strategy for this season, then they failed to use him adequately.

The strategy coming into the season wasn't for Agholor to be the main target at WR. It happened because he performed better than the other guys when he got his opportunity.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Being given as charity to Jason Witten, for one lol

Zay Jones has played more than Bryan Edwards and Jason Witten has played more than Foster Moreau. Gruden's love for veteran players is and always will hold us back. 

On 12/28/2020 at 9:28 PM, Humble_Beast said:

You think Arnette could be a coverage FS. A lot of solid CB in our draft range 

Arnette excelled as a slot CB at Ohio State, I'd be all for moving him inside and either drafting or signing another starting outside CB. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Still don’t know why we drafted someone who had a messed up hand... 

It’s a broken hand.... not a torn ACL.... I don’t think any GM would downgrade a player for that.  It just was incredibly unlucky that he re-broke/fractured it.

On 12/31/2020 at 6:55 PM, Turnobili said:

Jason Witten's presence and snap count is perhaps the biggest indictment on Gruden's judgment, and Mayock's bending over for him.

Your absolutely right.

Mayock has absolutely zero chance of having success if he’s going to cower to Gruden. He’s gotta be the “checks and balances” to Gruden... the conservative, rational voice.

Very few is any coaches can succeed longterm As the GM too.  Mayocks gotta know the only way for him to succeed is to be the voice of reason.

and I can’t imagine Gruden is the personal Dictator everyone makes him out to be or that Mayock is the spineless coward who constantly caved.  I think Mayock has just given in a few too many times and has to be learning his lesson by now.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Farley would be perfect, but worries about his injury. 

I’d love for him to fall to us!  I Do like Jaycee Horn too but wouldn’t take him at 15-17 as it’s a small Reach IMO and we have much greater needs at DT and FS.  Plus this is a deep CB class and I think there will be good value in rounds 2-3.

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d love for him to fall to us!  I Do like Jaycee Horn too but wouldn’t take him at 15-17 as it’s a small Reach IMO and we have much greater needs at DT and FS.  Plus this is a deep CB class and I think there will be good value in rounds 2-3.

It’s a great secondary class. I personally think the 2nd/3rd Round Safety class is as deep as its ever been. Hoping for something like CB or EDGE with 1st Rounder, DT in the 2nd, and Safety in the 3rd. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

It’s a great secondary class. I personally think the 2nd/3rd Round Safety class is as deep as its ever been. Hoping for something like CB or EDGE with 1st Rounder, DT in the 2nd, and Safety in the 3rd. 

Sadly I just don’t see an edge being there at 15-17 that I really like.

I not on the Kwity Paye bandwagon for us. He doesn’t pair well opposite Ferrell.... we can’t possibly have another DE who can’t win with speed to the outside / can bend and run the arc.  

i think We HAVE to trade down.... unless someone falls into Lap.... and acquire additional picks....

....which means Mayock will reach like he always does..... and I’ll absolutely snap.