Week 12: Bares at Packers

packfanfb

3 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Essential Monday morning listening when I lived in Milwaukee. Bear fans are like Packer fans, only more so. 

And I have the day off today, so I will indulge.

I must say though, the calls yesterday night were pretty level headed.  The Bears fans are just done with Nagy and Pace.  They don't seem as upset as I remember when I listened to them when we scored 50 and pulled Aaron at halftime a couple of years ago.

17 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Dude the Packers post game is terrible to listen to. Some of the questions and takes are just so bad. 

It used to be super entertaining to listen to Doug Buffone and Ed Obradovich on WSCR 670 after bad Bears losses.  Last night would have been phenomenal, but unfortunately Buffone passed away a few years ago.

• Like 1

They are getting a little bit more agitated now.  But it is still mostly guys that knew what was coming and just wish that they could change their team for the better.  That doesn't make me super happy.  I think the biggest thing that is ruffling me is that a lot of them don't understand how great our offense is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

I do like Runyan and Stepaniak's potential as possible future C's. I don't want them to move Jenkins to Center long term tbh. Think he has more value as an elite OG or even RT if they want

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

Agreed that Jenkins has tons of value and if he can play T at a high level, that might be a future move. At center, I think Patrick and drafted Hanson are the most likely on the roster. They will definitely be bringing someone else  in as well. 

Runyan and Stepaniak have no experience at C to my knowledge. I’m excited to see what the can bring with Runyan basically already a starter this year. 

Don't underestimate how important a center really is.  Especially one that can move like Jenkins.  Did can snap and pull if you need him to.  He's to the second level, like now.

I have no issue if he's our center next year with Patrick and Runyan next to him.

40 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I thought so.  It helps when they let him do this thing and rush the passer rather than cover TEs.

And that Gary basically split snaps with him - or matched his snaps at least. They were both on the field for many of them - which is good for us. Nothing enhances a player's initiative than possibility of sideline time. Be interested when they come out with the number of snaps he dropped in coverage.

Z, Smith, Clark & Gary can give us decent DL coverage "pressure-wise"

Edited by Leader

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

And that Gary basically split snaps with him - or matched his snaps at least. They were both on the field for many of them - which is good for us. Nothing enhances a player's initiative than possibility of sideline time. Be interested when they come out with the number of snaps he dropped in coverage.

Z, Smith, Clark & Gary can give us decent DL coverage "pressure-wise"

I agree, I really like that package, but that package won't be able to stop the run. Just hope the offense can get big leads every game so they can play that package more.

So impressed with the way Chandon stayed in Mooneys pocket on the first Savage Int. Sulli has really answered all the questions. Underrated.

I totally missed that we pretty much took that exact shot, but oppo, right back at em after the int but Rodgers put it way short on Adams. Bummer, thats an all timer.

The EQ end around, if he trusts MVS to hold that block it's another 15 yards, if he gets lucky that could've went the distance. just needs the reps, rusty.

I think Kirkseys getting a little more rub than is due. When he's got a defined hole he hits it. Definitely has more on his plate than Martinez outside the Tackles, at least from what I'm recalling. Finds depth easy in drops. Takes on blockers and sheds well.. I feel like you really need a company man for that spot because it isn't the traditional glory backer role and you're going to catch some ****. A good chunk of his snaps are pass to run responsibilities. So he's just playing clean up and is pretty interchangeable with Raven, responsibility wise.

Runyans good with momentum. Can tell he's been doing lineman things for a loong time. Needs some muscle to move guys.

14 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

So impressed with the way Chandon stayed in Mooneys pocket on the first Savage Int. Sulli has really answered all the questions. Underrated.

I totally missed that we pretty much took that exact shot, but oppo, right back at em after the int but Rodgers put it way short on Adams. Bummer, thats an all timer.

The EQ end around, if he trusts MVS to hold that block it's another 15 yards, if he gets lucky that could've went the distance. just needs the reps, rusty.

I think Kirkseys getting a little more rub than is due. When he's got a defined hole he hits it. Definitely has more on his plate than Martinez outside the Tackles, at least from what I'm recalling. Finds depth easy in drops. Takes on blockers and sheds well.. I feel like you really need a company man for that spot because it isn't the traditional glory backer role and you're going to catch some ****. A good chunk of his snaps are pass to run responsibilities. So he's just playing clean up and is pretty interchangeable with Raven, responsibility wise.

Runyans good with momentum. Can tell he's been doing lineman things for a loong time. Needs some muscle to move guys.

Sullivan is a JAG.  Gave up a 4'th and 12 on an easy out.  Lucked into one effing pick.  I don't care that is an UDFA.  He needs to be better.

EQ needs to get it together.  Tired of waiting on him to get healthy or get the right ball thrown to him.  On that play you referenced, a larger gain was there and he missed it.  Maybe Rodgers should have chucked another ball at him and told him to run better.

Kirksey is another overrated JAG.  Injured.  Makes no tackles for loss.  Haven't seen him show any special coverage stuff.  Barnes is better.

Runyan is a guard, they are supposed to be invisible.  I'll be impressed or even happy when I see him pancake someone.  Till then he's on the roster because of his last name and that is about it.

When I rip on guys, they typically make big plays.  That is my motivation here.  Please read nothing else into my comments.