Week 12 GDT: Raiders (6-4) @ Falcons (3-7)

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Make that 36 points. Offense has been absolutely terrible but the defense haven’t played well. 

Not sure how you can say the defense would only give up 23 points. The Falcons just haven’t had to put big drives together, when they had to they did like late in the 1st half. 

We're in garbage time, literally does not matter what they give up right now.

The defense was no where even close to the issue today. They outplayed the offense by miles.

Just now, BayRaider said:

We're in garbage time, literally does not matter what they give up right now.

The defense was no where even close to the issue today. They outplayed the offense by miles.

As I said they were definitely the better unit but you tried to claim they had played ‘well’. 

Just now, Dessie said:

As I said they were definitely the better unit but you tried to claim they had played ‘well’. 

They didn;'t start playing terribly until the 4th QTR, which is bound to happen when your offense fumbles a million times and cannot score a TD. Any D would give up 35+ in that scenario. Any D.

Just now, BayRaider said:

They didn;'t start playing terribly until the 4th QTR, which is bound to happen when your offense fumbles a million times and cannot score a TD. Any D would give up 35+ in that scenario. Any D.

not true, ive seen a lot of sloppy low scoring games. 
https://www.playusa.com/football-lowest-scoring-games/
here are 10 Ds (arguably 20?) , that didnt just give up because their O couldnt score

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Make that 36 points. Offense has been absolutely terrible but the defense haven’t played well. 

Not sure how you can say the defense would only give up 23 points. The Falcons just haven’t had to put big drives together, when they had to they did like late in the 1st half. 

They allowed one long drive all game. For most part when falcons didn't start on our side of the 50 they didn't do much. A bunch of punts, a interception and that long td drive. The defense played fine today. Offense just kept them in bad positions and on field all game. Just look at falcons drive summaries when they didn't already start on our side of the field. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

True. But this team is built through its offense first. The defense is suppose just to be able to hold right now. Just be average. The offense suppose to carry this team. The defense did its job today. The offense let them down for once. 

• Like 3

Just now, dante9876 said:

True. But this team is built through its offense first. The defense is suppose just to be able to hold right now. Just be average. The offense suppose to carry this team. The defense did its job today. The offense let them down for once. 

I def agree with this, with the way our salary cap is spent, the D did better than expected. 

I did not get to watch the game today but from reading some of these posts and looking at the gamecast it is easy to see what happened.  Looks like we had Parker at RT, which leads to an increase chance of Carr fumbling and other bad habits because he does not take care of the ball, and that led to the defense getting wore down in a no win situation.  So we lost the TO battle 5-1 and TOP 35-25.  I might be missing stuff but that is a recipe for disaster.  It all starts with the o-line on offense and d-line on defense.  I have been saying it since he was drafted.  BRANDON PARKER IS NOT A RT!!!  He can be a good backup LT but Cable and Gruden need to admit that they are wrong and he should never see the right side again.  I would rather Parker go to LG and move Good to RT if that is what it comes down to.  I will watch the game tonight and see if I am correct.

look I agree with palooka. Bad game. They happen to the very best. Just one of those days. We are not a dominant team that can come out and make mistake after mistake and think we are going to compete. If we don't handle the Jets next week, it will be time to riot though.

That said, Carr has got to do something about his terrible baby hands. You breathe on the ball and he fumbles. This is an ongoing issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ragingraider said:

look I agree with palooka. Bad game. They happen to the very best. Just one of those days. We are not a dominant team that can come out and make mistake after mistake and think we are going to compete. If we don't handle the Jets next week, it will be time to riot though.

That said, Carr has got to do something about his terrible baby hands. You breathe on the ball and he fumbles. This is an ongoing issue.

Are his hands supposed to grow?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I did not get to watch the game today but from reading some of these posts and looking at the gamecast it is easy to see what happened.  Looks like we had Parker at RT, which leads to an increase chance of Carr fumbling and other bad habits because he does not take care of the ball, and that led to the defense getting wore down in a no win situation.  So we lost the TO battle 5-1 and TOP 35-25.  I might be missing stuff but that is a recipe for disaster.  It all starts with the o-line on offense and d-line on defense.  I have been saying it since he was drafted.  BRANDON PARKER IS NOT A RT!!!  He can be a good backup LT but Cable and Gruden need to admit that they are wrong and he should never see the right side again.  I would rather Parker go to LG and move Good to RT if that is what it comes down to.  I will watch the game tonight and see if I am correct.

Basically nailed it, except Carr was much worse than just fumbling. Way worse than his box score. Think Jets game last year.

1 hour ago, ragingraider said:

Unfortunately I don't think Carr's fumbling problem is fixable with his hand size. Just comes with the territory, and gotta put an Elite OL around the guy at all times, unlike other QBs. Burrow also 9 fumbles in 10 games with his hand size.