A grand way to determine future Super Bowl locations (up through SB74)

pf9

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

The point was they put the Superbowl in a cold weather city in the middle of winter regardless of the city hosting it. So it's a possibility anywhere else and they really don't care about the weather as long as money is involved..

And there it is. There is money in NYC, Chicago, Seattle, DC/Baltimore area Minneapolis/St. Paul area...

But Cleveland? Green Bay? Notsomuch.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And there it is. There is money in NYC, Chicago, Seattle, DC/Baltimore area Minneapolis/St. Paul area...

But Cleveland? Green Bay? Notsomuch.

Oh I get it, I'm not arguing that, I'm just arguing the point that the NFL won't let cold weather cities host.

The Draft is much better for those other smaller cold weather cities if they are looking just to host that type of party. They should almost let Non-Superbowl cities strictly host the drafts as sort of a consolation prize for never being able to get that $$$$ from hosting Superbowls.

I mean honestly who do you trust to throw a better draft party: Cleveland and Buffalo or San Francisco and Tampa Bay.

• Like 1

They haven't hosted it in Chicago though, but I was once told it was because their stadium doesn't hold enough people for one, and it is solidly colder than NYC (Chicago Midway averages 31.5F/18.2F as a high low in January, which is near Toronto's main weather station January average of 30.7F/19.9F so Chicago is legit pretty cold). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean honestly who do you trust to throw a better draft party: Cleveland and Buffalo or San Francisco and Tampa Bay.

Exactly - it's why New Orleans, Miami are on the rotation pretty much every three years and why Vegas is the newest crown jewel to the rotation. Those are tourist attractions and they know how to throw a party.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

The point was they put the Superbowl in a cold weather city in the middle of winter regardless of the city hosting it. So it's a possibility anywhere else and they really don't care about the weather as long as money is involved..

I disagree with the first line in this comment. The location of the new stadium had everything to do with why they held the SB there. Every northern city that got a new stadium got a dome  (except for New York/New Jersey) and a SB . Green Bay, Chicago and Philadelphia have done renovations in the passed 10 years but haven’t even gotten consideration for hosting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'll put if even more succinctly: You want a Super Bowl in Cleveland?  Build a new stadium, you'll get a Super Bowl in Cleveland.  That said, if you build a new stadium in Cleveland and don't at least give it a retractable roof, the people behind it are dumb.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:56 PM, pf9 said:

As of 2020, only half of the NFL's current teams have seen at least one of their home stadiums over the years host the Super Bowl: the 49ers, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins. Falcons, Giants/Jets, Jaguars. Lions, Rams, Saints, Texans, and Vikings.

Starting with Super Bowl 58, every Super Bowl up to 74 (except 59) should be awarded to the host stadiums of the teams whose home stadiums have never hosted the Super Bowl. In fact, the AFC North is currently the only division where none of its teams have had its stadium host the Super Bowl, which is particularly devastating in Cleveland, as FirstEnergy Stadium is the oldest NFL venue that has never hosted an NFL playoff game of any sort, and the Browns are the only NFL team that have never won a division title in my lifetime, which can largely be blamed on Art Modell, and later, the decision of the Browns not to draft Ben Rothlisberger in 2004.

So this means that quite a bit of Super Bowls between 58 and 74 would be played in cold weather venues. The New Jersey Super Bowl doesn't have to be a one-time thing. If need be, the halftime show can be held at a nearby NBA/NHL venue. The host team rotation for Super Bowls 75-104 (two venues are shared by two teams) would then be determined by a lottery, and this rotation would then stick for as long as the NFL is a 32-team league. The NFL did not even have a Sun Belt team until 1946, their 27th season of operation. Thus, every title game between 1933-45 was played in a cold-weather venue. And most continued to be until the merger with the AFL.

You, sir, have the strangest posts. They’re not bad, but I can tell which threads you created based on the titles. Interesting...

Yeah it’d be nice if the NFL cared about more than like 9 cities, but it won’t happen. NFL is all about money and they’d get less in smaller market cold-weather cities. 

8 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Yeah it’d be nice if the NFL cared about more than like 9 cities, but it won’t happen. NFL is all about money and they’d get less in smaller market cold-weather cities. 

In fairness, the nfl doesn't actually care about those 9 cities. If one of them ceased to be a primo super bowl location benefiting the NFL, the league would have no problem cutting it loose

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'll put if even more succinctly: You want a Super Bowl in Cleveland?  Build a new stadium, you'll get a Super Bowl in Cleveland.  That said, if you build a new stadium in Cleveland and don't at least give it a retractable roof, the people behind it are dumb.

I never once said in any of my posts that I want the superbowl in Cleveland. All I originally said was by having the Superbowl a few years back in NYC, that they were open to having it in cold weather cities. Thats it, thats all.