From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m all for Stroud. Definitely going to have to move up top 3 IMO.

I agree. And I don't think we are doing that. I wouldn't want us to go up that far.

I have been on the fence. But, yea all signs point to us staying with Tannehill. Which is just whatever.

I hope a guy we like can slip into that 6, 7-10 range. But idk, why, just not feeling it happening.

I just can't help but think Stroud is Kirk Cousins. A good thrower who can put up numbers when everything is perfect, but not able to create. And not that its all his fault, but not being able to consistently win big games is noteworthy to me. Without that Georgia game i feel like he would be looked at a bit differently. Not mad if we pursue him. I'll be dismayed if we trade alot of capitol to take him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I just can't help but think Stroud is Kirk Cousins. A good thrower who can put up numbers when everything is perfect, but not able to create. And not that its all his fault, but not being able to consistently win big games is noteworthy to me. Without that Georgia game i feel like he would be looked at a bit differently. Not mad if we pursue him. I'll be dismayed if we trade alot of capitol to take him. 

He has other games he’s thrown guys open & threw into tight windows, his biggest knock when watch him is he doesn’t read an entire field. If him throwing to open guys or everything perfect that’s almost every dominant college QB that comes out hint why Patrick Mahomes wasn’t taken serious coming out Texas tech. Or Justin Herbert. I can keep going but here’s the thing when it comes to grading QB’s watch their footwork, pocket awareness, accuracy, ball placement can they throw in tight windows, throw it to them in stride to make YAC, throw them open. Improvision the ability to make something out of nothing the intangibles something you can’t teach. 
when I watch stroud right now I see Jared Goff with a Joe burrow ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd put him at Right, find a place for NPF somewhere else on the line. Try him at LT or one of the OGs.

Would definitely help the line and should be cheaper than the OT from San Fran.

I'm not putting NPF at LT. He's playing a guard spot or being a swing. 

• Like 2

Just now, MdTitansFan56 said:

I'm not putting NPF at LT. He's playing a guard spot or being a swing. 

I'm not writing him off from there. Development, coaching 2nd year jump. Dunno?

Would definitely be better than Daley. 

I'm not thinking we can solve everything this off-season with a high quality starter. As long as we can go from a F at the position to at least a C to B- level, I'm fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not writing him off from there. Development, coaching 2nd year jump. Dunno?

Would definitely be better than Daley. 

I'm not thinking we can solve everything this off-season with a high quality starter. As long as we can go from a F at the position to at least a C to B- level, I'm fine. 

Good point my ideal perfect scenario is off-season is start rebuilding the line. Trade Tannehill roll Willis and Dobbs. Next year go all in for Williams. Team would be in a good position for him to slot in. Also Charles O is from San Fran not Houston 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd put him at Right, find a place for NPF somewhere else on the line. Try him at LT or one of the OGs.

Would definitely help the line and should be cheaper than the OT from San Fran.

Im not gonna sit here and act like I know much about McGary, but I'm apprehensive to move NPF right now. He had an underwhelming rookie season for sure, but seems like a hardworker who is very bright. Continuity is key for young guys...part of me feels like keeping NPF at RT is in our best interest.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Im not gonna sit here and act like I know much about McGary, but I'm apprehensive to move NPF right now. He had an underwhelming rookie season for sure, but seems like a hardworker who is very bright. Continuity is key for young guys...part of me feels like keeping NPF at RT is in our best interest.

While I’m with you that I still believe in NPF and agree about continuity, I also feel that we shouldn’t avoid picking talent on the OL because of him.

Whether it’s McGary, Dawad Jones or any potential RT in the draft or free agency, we shouldn’t avoid them just because of NPF. Like I said I like him, but it’s not like he was good enough or showed enough to not look at a upgrade if one is available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

While I’m with you that I still believe in NPF and agree about continuity, I also feel that we shouldn’t avoid picking talent on the OL because of him.

Whether it’s McGary, Dawad Jones or any potential RT in the draft or free agency, we shouldn’t avoid them just because of NPF. Like I said I like him, but it’s not like he was good enough or showed enough to not look at a upgrade if one is available.

No disagreement on that. If McGary is strictly RT and that's where RC/Vrabel see him as the best option...I'm all for it

OL needs to simply be much much better than next year. I dont' care who the 5 are...just need to keep the QB upright and open holes to run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

From the guy;

Early names of interest in free agency. 

Kaleb McGary from falcons 

Azeez Al-Shaair from Niners

Charles Omenihu from Houston

Andrew Wylie is also a name said to be of interest. 
Kaleb McGary might have a lucrative market that prices him out of realistic conversation.