Lions fire HC Matt Patricia & GM Bob Quinn; Darrell Bevell to be interim HC

chiefs82

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's fine, as a team in our division I hope your FO keeps it up too.

I mean, I'm not saying that I want them drafting RBs, TEs and ILBs in the first two rounds. (I don't.) I'm just saying that removing three mediocre-at-best players from a roster and adding three elite players makes a significant difference.

That franchise died when it moved indoors. I'm probably one of the few here old enough to remember the Lions prior to the Silverdome. They weren't always good but at least they had a snarly identity, with cold steam from helmets on Thanksgiving. It felt like Thanksgiving watching shivering outdoor muddy Detroit.

Now there's no identity other than obscurity and I mostly root for my favorite players not to be drafted by that team. I loved Kyle Van Noy but knew the Lions would waste him. Thank goodness he managed to escape while young. 

Rinse and repeat for every player. I cringe every time the Lions pick early. Please take somebody I don't care about.

Indoors has worked okay for the Vikings. But even that franchise doesn't seem the same as the old Black and Blue Division in its heyday.

At least they haven't ruined the classic logo. After so many decades of irrelevancy there was great danger of hiring somebody who would brainstorm to have the lion laying down and facing the other direction.

I can't believe Detroit was stupid enough to care what Stafford did the first half of 2019, before being injured. Patricia could have bought more time by drafting Tua or Herbert. As a Dolphins fan I was sure they would wise up and figure that out...other than it's the Lions. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Going to be awfully difficult to do better picking between 28-32 

The big problem with Stafford is that he's over 30 and has barely any postseason experience.  

Any team wants to make a run at the Super Bowl with him, and he'll freeze up.  Basically the Kirk Cousins 2.0

3 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

The big problem with Stafford is that he's over 30 and has barely any postseason experience.  

Any team wants to make a run at the Super Bowl with him, and he'll freeze up.  Basically the Kirk Cousins 2.0

He’s been given no chance at postseason success his entire career. Far from perfect as a player but he’s not going to actively lose you games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's a shame.  I would have loved to see him get a ring.  Great player and an equally great young man - (and he's from Minnesota.)  :) 

Yeah, I believe Larry Legend was a ball-boy for the Vikings and there were reports that he had always wanted to play there. I remember back in 2017 and 2018, some of us in the fan base wanted to trade him to the Vikes so that he'd have a shot at a ring. He's been supremely loyal to the Cardinals since getting drafted, though, and is arguably the most impactful player in Arizona Sports history, both on the field and in the community. Great dude.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I'd take him over Cousins on the Vikings. 

• Like 1