Week 13: VIKINGS (5-6) vs Jaguars (1-10)

swede700

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Another late 4th quarter drive where the defense needs to get a stop, and they instead allow a score. 

No other defensive situation has highlighted the loss of Hunter more. 

Not just Hunter but Griffen, veteran CBs and today, Kendricks. 

Ultimately, we knew going into the year that the offense was going to have to carry the team given the inexperience on defense. As should he the case given the money spent on that side of the ball.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not just Hunter but Griffen, veteran CBs and today, Kendricks. 

Ultimately, we knew going into the year that the offense was going to have to carry the team given the inexperience on defense. As should he the case given the money spent on that side of the ball.

The young corners are playing very well right now and would likely have this defense in a good position with a decent pass rush. 

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The young corners are playing very well right now and would likely have this defense in a good position with a decent pass rush. 

You're right, Semper.  I think this team is going to be pretty good next year.  Very possibly fighting for a divsion win and possible run in the playoffs.  I just wish we would have kept Ngakoue.  I was really looking forward to seeing him play on the same D-line as Danielle Hunter.  We will also have Pierce back, so our defensive line should be a formidable one.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're right, Semper.  I think this team is going to be pretty good next year.  Very possibly fighting for a divsion win and possible run in the playoffs.  I just wish we would have kept Ngakoue.  I was really looking forward to seeing him play on the same D-line as Danielle Hunter.  We will also have Pierce back, so our defensive line should be a formidable one.

I was definitely intrigued by Ngakoue with Hunter but I don't think he's worth what he would've cost. I'm excited to see Brailford and Wonnum hopefully continue to progress. I've grown a little bit tired of Jalyn Holmes not ever getting pressure and the rare times that he does, watching him wiff on the QB 

9 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Both JJ and Cousins indirectly asking Kubiak for calling more big plays in first half

I have NO DOUBT that The Vikings came out flat because they thought they could roll over The Jags just by stepping out on the field.  They thought this game would be a "gimmee", and came out with half the energy they should have.  A team can't get away with that in The NFL.  That's what cost them the game against Atlanta.  This game could have been lost easily if one more big play would have gone wrong. 

The Vikings have to win out.  That means they need to have the discipline to take each game one at a time, and each play, one at a time, and play as absolutely as hard as they can on each play, as if their career depended upon it. They need to find a kid in a hospital to dedicate this season to him or her.  Even though this gutted roster can't possibly win The Super Bowl against the best teams in The American Conference, winning out the rest of this season, and winning a playoff game or two would do wonders for team confidence, which will help the atmosphere for the young players' to gel into the team for next year, when the injured players are back, and this season's rookies will be developing, - playing on a higher level, and the team will have a chance to be a legitimate contender.

Edited by Robb_K