Week 13: LV Raiders vs NY Jets

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Players are turning.

The locker room has held it together all year. Maye is right though. This game might due it though. Carr was beating the blitz all game. If it wasn’t for Gruden taking his foot off the pedal, this would have been a blow out.

Edited by SDotNova

Sams decision making is just so awful though. The pass to Perriman over the middle of the field with 2 defenders on him when the TE was open for a first down and Mims got past his man on the sideline was just bad. He does that multiple times every game. Unless gase is telling him who to throw to and to ignore everything else, it is all on Sam.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The locker room has held it together all year. Maye is right though. This game might due it though. Carr was beating the blitz all game. If it wasn’t for Gruden taking his foot off the pedal, this would have been a blow out.

Jon Gruden is the biggest phony in the NFL.  He won a Super Bowl  with Tony Dungy team.                                                                                                         NFL   

• Like 1

Just now, doumeyer said:

Jon Gruden is the biggest phony in the NFL.  He won a Super Bowl  with Tony Dungy team.                                                                                                         NFL   

His former team went SB as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, xrade said:

Sams decision making is just so awful though. The pass to Perriman over the middle of the field with 2 defenders on him when the TE was open for a first down and Mims got past his man on the sideline was just bad. He does that multiple times every game. Unless gase is telling him who to throw to and to ignore everything else, it is all on Sam.

You're blaming this loss on Sam? The offense put up the most offensive points it has all season, and the d gives up a 46 yard td pass with 5 seconds left and your take away is: "it is all on Sam"???

Like my God man. Did Darnold play a great game? Nope. Did he play a mostly good game by throwing 2 tds and rushing for another, yup. Were there plays he left out on the field, sure c'mon man. The Perriman play over the middle was fine if he throws it to Perriman's left. Unfortunately,it went to Perriman's right, which made it looks pretty bad. Perriman also dropped a really easy catch in the game that forced a 2nd and 15 play. Becton got beat badly multiple times, twice that directly results in strip sacks, and oh yeah the Jets d gave up a game winning 46 yard td pass with 5 seconds to go. Enough with this overdramatic BS about how one dude is the blame for everything that does wrong with this team. Enough with this crap logic about how if the QB does anything good it's either pure luck or because of someone else being good, and when ever something bad happens it must clearly be that one guys fault even if someone else was the one that screwed up.

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

Gase is definitely telling Sam to throw a pick.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Honestly, if there was a coach coaching to lose it was Gruden. Our coaching staff looked competent throughout this game compared to Gruden.

His play calling in the second half had me floored. He barely blitz Darnold something that always works.

Carr looks good though. So he gets credit for righting that ship.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, drew39k said:

You're blaming this loss on Sam? The offense put up the most offensive points it has all season, and the d gives up a 46 yard td pass with 5 seconds left and your take away is: "it is all on Sam"???

Like my God man. Did Darnold play a great game? Nope. Did he play a mostly good game by throwing 2 tds and rushing for another, yup. Were there plays he left out on the field, sure c'mon man. The Perriman play over the middle was fine if he throws it to Perriman's left. Unfortunately,it went to Perriman's right, which made it looks pretty bad. Perriman also dropped a really easy catch in the game that forced a 2nd and 15 play. Becton got beat badly multiple times, twice that directly results in strip sacks, and oh yeah the Jets d gave up a game winning 46 yard td pass with 5 seconds to go. Enough with this overdramatic BS about how one dude is the blame for everything that does wrong with this team. Enough with this crap logic about how if the QB does anything good it's either pure luck or because of someone else being good, and when ever something bad happens it must clearly be that one guys fault even if someone else was the one that screwed up.

First off, this was in response to Malik and JFFL and I NEVER said Sam lost us this game.    Second, I was hardly being overdramatic just pointing out facts.  Thirdly, what crap logic are you referring to that was contained in my post?

Honestly, if anyone is being overdramatic at the moment, it is you and your rant.

I just watched the end of the Raiders-Jets game.  It was sad seeing the reactions of the Jets players.  It has to be hard losing every game all season long.  At the same time, I'm a big Jon Gruden fan and I like the Raiders, so it was fun to see them pull it out.  I hope they can make the playoffs.  Ruggs had a couple of mistakes in this game, but in the end, he proves that speed kills.  It's just tough to keep up with a guy who can run a 4.27 in the 40.  Nice play by the rookie, and a beautiful pass by Derek Carr.

Man this was almost the nightmare scenario:

• Win a game
  • Jags lose
  • Miss out on Lawrence because the Jags are going to continue starting Glennon

And not much in the way of positives because:

• Becton had a bad game
  • Still no Mims TD
  • Darnold didn't look good enough to raise his trade value

A lot of relieved deep breaths after the game.

And maybe we'll have a running game next year?

• Like 1