Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

On 2/19/2021 at 1:52 PM, Jerry said:

Jokes on you idiots.  He apparently played lights out in the second half of the season.  LOL.  Even I think his play dropped during the second half but hey, whatever.  PFF gonna PFF.

I legit thought he was top 5 after the kc win then it started getting spotty then atl the classic annual carr meltdown game 

Wasn’t sure this was posted but Adam Caplan said that people around the league expects Carr to get extended. 

Interesting move that would be. It would be something that I wouldn’t do, but I can see why they would want to do it since it would free up a lot of money this year. Is that worth it for paying him 35 ish a year going forward and giving up that flexibility. 

Broncos just became the massive betting favorite to land Watson. Hope you guys know we aren’t winning a division in the next 15 years with Watson, Mahomes, and Herbert as the QB’s. You’re all doing such a great job for being attached to the hip to Carr, and will be rewarded properly. Many 6-9 win seasons upcoming, regardless of coach. 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Wasn’t sure this was posted but Adam Caplan said that people around the league expects Carr to get extended. 

Interesting move that would be. It would be something that I wouldn’t do, but I can see why they would want to do it since it would free up a lot of money this year. Is that worth it for paying him 35 ish a year going forward and giving up that flexibility. 

Yeah I read that they're gonna give him an extension and lower the cap hit this and next year by 10 million each year.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Broncos just became the massive betting favorite to land Watson. Hope you guys know we aren’t winning a division in the next 15 years with Watson, Mahomes, and Herbert as the QB’s. You’re all doing such a great job for being attached to the hip to Carr, and will be rewarded properly. Many 6-9 win seasons upcoming, regardless of coach. 

Whereas you said Carr was a bottom tier QB who you would take anything in a trade for..

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pretty sure there are many in here who would love to trade for Watson, myself included.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

lol you do realize that us fans have 0 control of what the raiders do right? lol
also i think almost all here were on board for Watson...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Pretty sure there are many in here who would love to trade for Watson, myself included.

Many in here still attached to Carr and think he’s a Top 10 QB (he’s certainly not, very Middle of the Pack, slightly above average QB). 

One thing we cannot allow as an organization is the Broncos getting Watson. We would need to get into a complete bidding war. If the Broncos nab Watson I can almost assure no division titles in the next 14-17 years. We would have two Top 4 QB’s in the division, and if Herbert builds on his rookie year and his success trends upwards he’ll be Top 8-10 as well. 

It’d be extremely irresponsible for the Raiders to let the Broncos get Watson without a fight. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Many in here still attached to Carr and think he’s a Top 10 QB (he’s certainly not, very Middle of the Pack, slightly above average QB). 

One thing we cannot allow as an organization is the Broncos getting Watson. We would need to get into a complete bidding war. If the Broncos nab Watson I can almost assure no division titles in the next 14-17 years. We would have two Top 4 QB’s in the division, and if Herbert builds on his rookie year and his success trends upwards he’ll be Top 8-10 as well. 

It’d be extremely irresponsible for the Raiders to let the Broncos get Watson without a fight. 

14-17 years lmao wtf i know this is footballs future but damn 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

14-17 years lmao wtf i know this is footballs future but damn 

Mahomes and Watson are barely 25 years old. Mahomes is the best QB in the league. Watson I'd have at either #3 or #4. Herbert is 22 years old.

You think we'd win a division with those three QB's......? Unless we got some 2015 Bronco or 2013 Seahawk Level Defense (once in a blue moon type defenses), not happening. Especially with Carr as the QB.

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It would be a big commitment for Gruden. I don’t dislike Carr, I think he is a good QB but in today’s NFL can u win with just a good QB. 

If it happens it will be interesting in seeing how long it is and if there are any outs. 

Basically if this happens gruden/mayock are putting their careers in Carr’s basket. I just hope if we get rid of mariota that we get a legit backup. Say what you want but competition brings out the best in guys. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Mahomes and Watson are barely 25 years old. Mahomes is the best QB in the league. Watson I'd have at either #3 or #4. Herbert is 22 years old.

You think we'd win a division with those three QB's......? Unless we got some 2015 Bronco or 2013 Seahawk Level Defense (once in a blue moon type defenses), not happening. Especially with Carr as the QB.

obviously would suck to have to face those 3, 6 times a season. But, ill wait until something happens before i make wild claims of us being doomed for nearly 2 decades. We split with KC and LA last year with those guys, and who knows what Denver would have to give up in a trade. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Basically if this happens gruden/mayock are putting their careers in Carr’s basket. I just hope if we get rid of mariota that we get a legit backup. Say what you want but competition brings out the best in guys. 

this is facts. Only thing i dont like about Mariota is his cap number. I think he has a lot to offer as a #2, but we cant afford him at that number. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

obviously would suck to have to face those 3, 6 times a season. But, ill wait until something happens before i make wild claims of us being doomed for nearly 2 decades. We split with KC and LA last year with those guys, and who knows what Denver would have to give up in a trade. 

Division Opponents beat each other up all the time. That's normal from playing one another so many times. Division Games are not like normal NFL games. Chiefs were still a Top 2 team in the NFL while we were a .500 average team.