TNF: Baltimore vs Dallas

Malfatron

winner  

30 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• baltimore
    • dallas
    • tie

Mike McCarthy has been well and truly exposed this year. It was obvious to GN fans that he simply let the game pass him by years ago, but this is just brutal. 

They were 2-4 before Dak went down with those wins being narrow ones to the Falcons still under Dan Quinn and the Giants before they remembered what a defense is. Since then they have gone 1-5 despite having Andy Dalton for most of those games. 

None of this is really too surprising, and Zeke having the worst year of his career was sealed before the ink had dried on McCarthys contract, but I was more below-average-to-poor than 'unmitigated disaster' and have to wonder if he'll be back next year or not. 

Jason Garrett was not great by any means and was kept around too long, but he's looking like Belichick by comparison at this point. 

First. Congrats to the Ratbirds on a win.

Secondly the NFLs choice of article headlines cracks me up. Acting like Lamar coming off the covid list and getting a win against an absolute garbage football is some sort of miracle and MVP level accomplishment is a joke. Seriously, laughable. He didn't even play that well for the vast majority of the game, but a win is a win. But he is by no stretch of the imagination the only person to be on the covid list and then come off and get a win. So let's stop glorifying the insignificant, especially when their game was specifically scheduled so that he could get back.

Edited by wwhickok

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Secondly the NFLs choice of article headlines cracks me up. Acting like Lamar coming off the covid list and getting a win against an absolute garbage football is some sort of miracle and MVP level accomplishment is a joke. Seriously, laughable. He didn't even play that well for the vast majority of the game, but a win is a win. But he is by no stretch of the imagination the only person to be on the covid list and then come off and get a win. So let's stop glorifying the insignificant, especially when their game was specifically scheduled so that he could get back.

You seem upset.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

it’s a natural media push though because Lamar is polarizing so hot takes on either spectrum generate a lot of clicks. The haters love to read the articles that say he sucks and rage at the articles that say he plays well (such as in this quote for example), and vice versa for some Lamar fans.

Don’t blame Lamar when you can’t stop clicking on the articles about him, that’s the way the nfl media generates its revenue. It kind of sounds like you have the obsession, tbh.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You seem upset.

I'm not. Not at all. I just think they're giving him credit he doesn't deserve. I didn't click the article, I read the headline. I don't read Bmore articles. Cal Ripken Jr is literally the only thing that is worth talking about in that entire state.

Edited by wwhickok

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not. Not at all. I just think they're giving him credit he doesn't deserve. I didn't click the article, I read the headline. I don't read Bmore articles. Cal Ripken Jr is literally the only thing that is worth talking about in that entire state.

Cal Ripken set the Orioles back decades chasing that record.... We missed out on hella talent letting him bat 2 and some change and be an average glove on defense the last damn near decade of his career.... I went to so many Os games growing up.... born in 84.... I watched him stink up the joint my whole teenage years... 

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah why would anyone credit a QB from coming back from COVID with no practice and immediately sparking their offense to a victory on short rest. BLASPHEMY!

18 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Not a bad option

Just checked FA

TY is out there, probably don't want to pay Godwin, but he's there,, There are options

But even if they don't get someone. They just need to develop better chemistry. It feels like he and Boykin especially are just never connecting right

The WR FA list is absolutely stacked this year per @Forge on the podcast that we made (shameless plug, go check us out in the niners forum).

Its actually absurd how many good WRs there are. 

• Like 1